Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Price check

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    How in the hell is that car unsold? I dont care if theres hidden frame damage or not, its worth it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How in the hell is that car unsold? I dont care if theres hidden frame damage or not, its worth it.
    I'd take a flyer on it for $5k, no more. Consider it "more" disposable than a normal G4.

Here in Ontario, AFAIK, our damn Ministry doesn't require salvages or write offs to be indicated on the title. Lots of people are getting burned.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

I think you're right! Sounds like they expect the owner of a written off vehicle to notify registrys.(in ontario) That's ridinculous. Out here I'm pretty sure the insurance company notifies registry's and has the title changed.

"If your vehicle sustains severe damage and is written off by your insurance company, they must notify you and the ministry of the brand requirement. If you do not receive a claim settlement through an insurance company, you must have the brand determined by an authorized mechanic at a Type 6 Motor Vehicle Inspection Station. The ministry website has a list of these facilities; for details visit the website."https://www.ontario.ca/document/official-mto-drivers-handbook/buying-or-selling-used-vehicle

In Alberta when a car is written off and deemed salvage it shows it on at registry's. You can't register it until it's been inspected. It does take a while before registry's changes the status from active to salvage though. I've driven a few vehicles I got from a police impound yard and drove them for a few months then got a letter saying my registration in no longer valid cause it's been deemed salvage for no apparent reason. Turns out all the vehicles sold from that place were all deemed salvage for some reason, except for the ones that they didn't have the vin's written down correctly.

When selling a car in Alberta you have to declare if it has been written off/salvage and now has a repaired and having a rebuilt title. I assume the same applies to trying to sell a salvage or written off car that hasn't been fixed or inspected yet as well. But there's nothing stopping anyone from crashing a car, not going through insurance then half ass fixing it themselves with a pail of bondo and selling it without disclosing it was in a crash. No paper trail, no problem.

Last edited by Fummins; 09-23-2019 at 06:06 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)