Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirage will carry on with minor changes (in U.S. / Canada)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    News from Mitsu corporate:

Thanks MetroMPG. I see Mitsu is scrapping the Rockford-Fosgate stereos in GT trims for the Outlander. I wonder what that'll mean for the Mirage GT eventually?

I am like many in this thread who like the back-to-basics nature of their Mirage. I have no air, I have no climate control, and a manual transmission. In my mind all those features would be nice, but all add heft.

Thirdly I wish I could see what the new grill looks like on the 2020 G4. I have always preferred the original 2013-15 grill more than the newer grills of late. Mini EVO in a sense. I don't like the chrome on the newer Mirages. Looks chintzy on a car that can't really cover up its cheapo nature.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Thanks MetroMPG. I see Mitsu is scrapping the Rockford-Fosgate stereos in GT trims for the Outlander. I wonder what that'll mean for the Mirage GT eventually?

I am like many in this thread who like the back-to-basics nature of their Mirage. I have no air, I have no climate control, and a manual transmission. In my mind all those features would be nice, but all add heft.

Thirdly I wish I could see what the new grill looks like on the 2020 G4. I have always preferred the original 2013-15 grill more than the newer grills of late. Mini EVO in a sense. I don't like the chrome on the newer Mirages. Looks chintzy on a car that can't really cover up its cheapo nature.
    I agree the 2014 - 15 Hatch front end had more personality in my opinion. All that fake chrome added in 2017 to the front is just putting make up on a pig. Also as soneone who drives a 2014 and 2017 daily I can give my 2 cents on the difference between these, there is none! The 2014 isnt louder or less refined than the 2017 at all IMO. The suspension difference is completly negligible and the hp power difference I cant feel at all, but that my be because the g4 weighs more than my hatch. The only noticeable difference is the 2017 does have more comfortable seats, but nothing couldnt fix with a memory foam seat cover.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post
    I absolutely hate automatic climate control; even more than an AT. I don't like a car choosing for me when to run the a.c. compressor. If I end up with it, I'll likely leave it off if that's allowed. The auto systems I've seen or used suck. The worst part is the system not allowing a recirc choice. I usually turn off the compressor on inclines and don't use a.c. for added torque/hp up a hill, but I like the recirc to stay on and keep recirculating the cool air in the cabin while the compressor is off. I also don't use a.c. much in the city unless I have a rider, because most Americans expect that running a.c. full blast all summer w/o touching the controls is okay for longevity and economy and power sapping the power train is okay too. And it's a strange phenomenon thst even though many people may have been out in 100 degree temps for hours, they suddenly can't take riding in a car above 70 degrees I'm against all of it. The whole wimpiness of it, as much as heated and cooled seats. Give me a break. Give me a temp knob, a fan speed knob, a recirc/outside air knob or button, and let me decide how to run my climate control. I'll be shopping for a 2017 SE so as to get cruise combined with a 5- speed or a 2019, as 2018s did not permit cruise in combination with a 5 speed, but maybe the SE has that stupid auto air too. My commute is 59 miles, State highways and one, small town, 45- 65 mph speed limits. A cheap Mirage is the number one contender for value for my needs by a long shot I think. It was rumored that Nisssn/Renault would nix the Mirage, so this is good news.

My dream car is a Mirage hatch with a rear seat delete option for hundreds less, but keep at least one rear door. Put the car under 2,000 pounds. I've got a Fiat 500 with 2 super heavy doors and rear seats, and the space in the rear seat area is hard to use without rear doors; and would trade seats for a rear area access door in that car. I also know that no one allows this combination except for a couple of mid size work trucks, i.e. Ford Ranger and don't expect it in any car but it'd be perfect for me and the wife. FYI: the Ranger rear seat delete option saves only $250; not hardly worth choosing it.
    Manual climate controls would be found on the 2017-19 ES & 2019 LE, & 2019 RF. SE has auto-climate controls. If I could pick any Mirage, it would be the 2019 ES (manual). The combination of 5-speed manual, cruise, and manual climate controls would govern that choice over the rest for me.

Bottom line: Every time Mitsubishi adds standard features to all Mirages, it's really impacted the ES trim level the most. In the case of auto-climate controls, it will impact the ES, RF, & LE trim levels in 2020.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsfc View Post
    I absolutely hate automatic climate control; even more than an AT. I don't like a car choosing for me when to run the a.c. compressor. If I end up with it, I'll likely leave it off if that's allowed. The auto systems I've seen or used suck. The worst part is the system not allowing a recirc choice. I usually turn off the compressor on inclines and don't use a.c. for added torque/hp up a hill, but I like the recirc to stay on and keep recirculating the cool air in the cabin while the compressor is off. I also don't use a.c. much in the city unless I have a rider, because most Americans expect that running a.c. full blast all summer w/o touching the controls is okay for longevity and economy and power sapping the power train is okay too. And it's a strange phenomenon thst even though many people may have been out in 100 degree temps for hours, they suddenly can't take riding in a car above 70 degrees I'm against all of it. The whole wimpiness of it, as much as heated and cooled seats. Give me a break. Give me a temp knob, a fan speed knob, a recirc/outside air knob or button, and let me decide how to run my climate control. I'll be shopping for a 2017 SE so as to get cruise combined with a 5- speed or a 2019, as 2018s did not permit cruise in combination with a 5 speed, but maybe the SE has that stupid auto air too. My commute is 59 miles, State highways and one, small town, 45- 65 mph speed limits. A cheap Mirage is the number one contender for value for my needs by a long shot I think. It was rumored that Nisssn/Renault would nix the Mirage, so this is good news.

My dream car is a Mirage hatch with a rear seat delete option for hundreds less, but keep at least one rear door. Put the car under 2,000 pounds. I've got a Fiat 500 with 2 super heavy doors and rear seats, and the space in the rear seat area is hard to use without rear doors; and would trade seats for a rear area access door in that car. I also know that no one allows this combination except for a couple of mid size work trucks, i.e. Ford Ranger and don't expect it in any car but it'd be perfect for me and the wife. FYI: the Ranger rear seat delete option saves only $250; not hardly worth choosing it.
    I have two 17's both manuals and both SE's and they come with auto climate control. However, you can turn off the auto ac function and you can also choose recirculation.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I have two 17's both manuals and both SE's and they come with auto climate control. However, you can turn off the auto ac function and you can also choose recirculation.
    I can do that with manual climate controls, & I didn't pay anything extra for it.

The 2017 SE 5-speed manual is a nice package. It gave you cruise and nicer alloy wheels. Along with auto climate controls & 6-way driver's seat adjustment, those were nice features in 2017. In 2020, all of those features except the alloy wheels will be standard items on the base model. I rather see a cheaper base model, but this justifies price increases across all trim levels each year somehow? It's marketing! This way they can't say the Mirage is exactly the same next year!

90% of the summer I drive with my driver's window down & both rear windows partially down. Nothing inside the car would change that. I would rather have a sunroof over auto climate controls. Then again I've never had a vehicle with a sunroof, because I am cheap!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I have a 2015 Mirage with a 5-speed manual transmission, automatic climate controls, F.A.S.T. keyless pushbutton start system, and cruise control all at a fine price. It even came with the alloy wheels. I feel like I got a lot of advanced features at a fine price.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

gone.a (07-05-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I have a 2015 Mirage with a 5-speed manual transmission, automatic climate controls, F.A.S.T. keyless pushbutton start system, and cruise control all at a fine price. It even came with the alloy wheels. I feel like I got a lot of advanced features at a fine price.
    If those things are all important to you, that justifies having upper trim levels. It's nice to know you like all those features. I would embrace a more basic trim level for less money, but I don't see that ever happening.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh, definitely. The cost savings helped justify going for the extra features. The Mirage is a good value, and is proving to be reliable as well. I look forward to this platform continuing with similar feature adjustments as time goes on. I think it's a good platform that will suit many transportation needs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Oh, definitely. The cost savings helped justify going for the extra features. The Mirage is a good value, and is proving to be reliable as well. I look forward to this platform continuing with similar feature adjustments as time goes on. I think it's a good platform that will suit many transportation needs.
    As long as the 5-speed is only found in the ES trim level, none of the other trim levels or features would really matter to me anyways. I don't think the MSRP of the Mirage is a good value at all. Thankfully, most aren't sold anyway near that price. Then again most cars don't sell at MSRP. The Mirage really needs to be way below most everything in the U.S. market (besides the Spark) to be considered a good value. I think that message gets lost in the marketing of this car. It made me almost overlook it, & I really like my Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In retail terms, it doesn't always work out to offer low prices without discounts. JC Penney tried it and abandoned the marketing model. GMs Saturn division and Toyota's Scion both didn't last. Discounts work on the human psyche apparently.

I'm glad I got my 5-speed manual transmission with automatic climate controls, cruise control, and F.A.S.T. key system. Not to mention all the other automotive advancements that we tend to take for granted such as ABS, traction control, fuel injection and electronic ignition, all well integrated with today's advanced computerized engine & emissions management. It really represents how far the automotive industry has come since not that long ago.

May the Mirage continue to be affordable transportation for years to come, in 2020 and beyond.