Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mirage will carry on with minor changes (in U.S. / Canada)

2020 Mirage will carry on with minor changes (in U.S. / Canada)

News from Mitsu corporate:

2020 MIRAGE
    Priced from

• $13,995

On-sale Date

• November 2019 (anticipated)

Trim Changes

• All trims carry over from 2019 model year.

Feature Content Changes

• Add Automatic Climate Control standard to all trims, making it the only vehicle equipped with standard Automatic Climate Control in its class

2020 Mirage G4
    Priced from

• $14,995

On-sale Date

• November 2019 (anticipated)

Trim Changes

• Add new LE trim for Mirage G4
    • Discontinue ES Package, previously available on 2019 MY

Feature Content Changes

• New front grille design
    • Add Automatic Climate Control standard to all trims, making it the only vehicle equipped with standard Automatic Climate Control in its class
    • Relocate “Mirage G4” badge to left rear side of trunk

Source: https://media.mitsubishicars.com/rel...s-new-for-2020

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

BecauseRaceCar (07-02-2019),El Kapitan (08-11-2019),Fummins (07-03-2019),Scratchpaddy (07-04-2019),Tuques (07-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    I like my automatic climate controls, especially in cooler weather. Looks like there's demand out there and not much difference in cost if that's all they are going to offer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's neat that the Climate Control will be standard across the board. I wonder if the LE trim is replacing the ES trim in name only (as in specs are all the same)?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...Add Automatic Climate Control standard to all trims
    Noooo!!!!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Haha - I'm the same! I like my heater and vent controls old school manual!

What's air conditioning?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post
    That's neat that the Climate Control will be standard across the board. I wonder if the LE trim is replacing the ES trim in name only (as in specs are all the same)?
    LE & ES are not exactly the same. Wheel package is different (ES has steel wheels with covers). LE & GT have heated seats. There are a few other minor items.

I would buy a 2019 ES (or LE) over a 2020 ES just to avoid the automatic climate control. They had auto climate control across the board originally with the 2014-15 models. I would pay extra to not have it, but that's me.

If the 5-speed manual was ever dropped, I would have zero interest in the Mirage. It's silly to have 5 trim levels and only offer the 5-speed in one. It's also silly to only offer the Rockford Fosgate system in only the ES (CVT) trim & call it a RF.

It's good to hear the Mirage is still being offered, however. It's a great little entry level economy car!
    Last edited by Mark; 07-02-2019 at 09:10 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm curious to see what this "new front grille design" looks like. If they're following current design trends, they'll black out the center so it looks like a giant gaping hole. I don't know why car makers keep doing this, when the actual radiator openings keep getting smaller and smaller for efficiency's sake.

I said in another thread that I wished I'd waited a year and gotten a cool "2020" model, but my manual climate control is worth enduring the mediocrity of the number "2019". I can rest easy now. No regrets.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    I'm curious to see what this "new front grille design" looks like. If they're following current design trends, they'll black out the center so it looks like a giant gaping hole. I don't know why car makers keep doing this, when the actual radiator openings keep getting smaller and smaller for efficiency's sake.
    I haven't heard a single person talk positively of that front grill look that was sort of started by Lexus/Toyota. I heard a number of people say they hate that look. Yet, others are copying them? Makes no sense to me either!

I like the look of the top half of the front grill on the 2017-19 Mirage. The bottom half looks overdone. Then again, I am not a big chrome fan. I'll admit my my taste in looks may not be the norm. My favorite look right is now is the new Suzuki Jimny (plain square box with round headlights).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm one of the weird ones here I guess but I prefer automatic climate control. It's nice because you set a number and then leave it alone. With my taxi Corolla I'm always turning the knobs and it annoys me to have to do that especially when I'm in that car for like 14 hours straight.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Mark, I agree that the current hatch fascia looks a little overcooked, but the trend is to cook things until they're no longer recognizable. I commend Mitsubishi for showing some restraint with the Mirage. Or, at least re-directing all their weird energies towards the Eclipse Cross.

*shudder*

Anyway, I just noticed that the new grille is only listed for the G4 sedan, so apparently the hatch will remain the same. Makes sense to me. The hatch is just edgy enough to fit in with other new cars. They went really conservative on the sedan, and the result wouldn't have looked out of place ten years ago. It's not a bad look, but it is an old look.