Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly another cvt on it's way out (@ 128k km / 80k miles)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    And here I thought I had a chance at 175k miles on my CVT. Who the hell was I kiddin? I better be greatful for 100k.
    I don't know the history on this car other 'm not surprised the cvt is looking grim.

Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 08:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-08-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I don't know the history on this car other than I didn't service it and I'm sure it wasn't driven nicely. The engine sounds terrible, worst one I've heard so far so I'm not surprised the cvt is looking grim.
    Engine sound bad? Thats a first Ive read anything on here about engine problems. The 3cyl seems like the most durable part of the car judging from past comments on here.

Side note* I saw a Canadian buddy cop action flick last night called Bon Cop Bad Cop. It was about an English speaking cop from Ontario having to partner up with a French cop from Quebec and they both cant stand each other, pretty funny. I had no idea there was a rivialry between the two cultures in Canada? Have you dealt with alot of French Canadians Fummins? Are they as snobby as portrayed in the movie?

Don't ask an Albertan about Quebeckers or Ontarians!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-08-2019),Fummins (07-08-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Don't ask an Albertan about Quebeckers or Ontarians!
    Why though? Whats the history behind the animosity or is it all just tongue in cheek?

My brother at drin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-08-2019)

Well this thing is officially f'erd. nd write the thing off.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-09-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well this thing is officially f'erd. It stalled this morning when coming to a stop. The fluid is blacker than......
    Off to the dealer to fight for warranty I guess. I have a hilarious feeling I'll be replacing this one.

Dirk, if you notice your transmission fluid looking black, park it fast and throw a for sale sign in the window. Or go look for a bambi to smash into and write the thing off.
    Thank you Fummins! When is the best time to check the cvt fluid? Before I drive or after Ive been driving?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    80k miles and the CVT needs to be replaced already. Thats unacceptable by Jatco standards. I thought the CVT7 paired with the Mirage combination was the standard for reliability. If this was just because of owner neglect Id write it off to that, but no this car is part of a fleet thats well serviced. Disturbing.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well this thing is officially f'erd. It stalled this morning when coming to a stop. The fluid is blacker than......
    Off to the dealer to fight for warranty I guess. I have a hilarious feeling I'll be replacing this one.

Dirk, if you notice your transmission fluid looking black, park it fast and throw a for sale sign in the window. Or go look for a bambi to smash into and write the thing off.
    Im still trying to find a rare pre 04/01/14 used CVT for a 2014. Its been tough, two junkyards I called were unwilling to even go out and look when their junked Mirages were manufactured. Expecting me to drive out 3 hours on the hope the said car has the older style CVT.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im still trying to find a rare pre 04/01/14 used CVT for a 2014. Its been tough, two junkyards I called were unwilling to even go out and look when their junked Mirages were manufactured. Expecting me to drive out 3 hours on the hope the said car has the older style CVT.
    A 15'+ might fit just fine.

Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 08:03 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-09-2019)