Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly another cvt on it's way out (@ 128k km / 80k miles)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I haven't heard anything yet. They may have called and talked to someone else? I doubt it though. Here's what I foresee happening. They'll wait a few days then send the pics to Mitsubishi HQ. HQ will reply eventually asking for more info and service records. Then maybe approve it maybe not. I really don't expect to get a definite answer until the end of the month. It'd probably save us a ton of time if I just replaced it with one of our used ones and slowly give the old one back to the dealer piece by piece through the windows one day at a time. Then they can send it back to mitsubishi for diagnosis.
    "Monday" from a dealership usually means a week from next Thursday.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-16-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Yup. The conversation went like; Hi, I just picked up a car that brought in this morning with a transmission problem and you guys said it needed spark plugs.....Service: Ok...... Me: well I just dropped the oil pan and it's full of metal chunks..... Smug service guy: well yeah there should be two magnets in the pan......Me:Yes, I realize that there are 2 magnets in the oil pan and yes they are right there where they should be but they are caked in metal filings and chunks of bearing that are not supposed to be there. I don't think spark plugs will fix this....Service:K send me some pics.....

Great service, got charged $160 for some idiot to say a car needs some bs work. lol
    After sending pics I got a reply saying not to touch the car they'll have an answer on Monday...
    Like Robert Duvall in Godfather. When he put the horse head in the movie producer's bed. Damn lol

Update: No update to report

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Fummins is 80k miles failure rate uncommon for the CVT7?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Fummins - I think Dirk could use some encouragement & hope.

What are some of your highest mileage fleet vehicles with an original CVT still going strong?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    He has posted his vehicle's miles before, I meant in a general sense. Sorry miscommunication.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    He has posted his vehicle's miles before, I meant in a general sense. Sorry miscommunication.
    I've gone back & look some. It's a little confusing to me. High mileage cars are mentioned all the time, but the CVT status is not always clear to me. He's also responsible for a pile of them.

I believe you have put that question out there. What is the highest mileage original CVT Mirage out there?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've gone back & look some. It's a little confusing to me. High mileage cars are mentioned all the time, but the CVT status is not always clear to me. He's also responsible for a pile of them.

I believe you have put that question out there. What is the highest mileage original CVT Mirage out there?
    I wouldnt constantly lament the status of my CVT if it were not so hurky jerky. Some days its smooth is silk, others its rubberbanding, jerking, shuddering etc. I take good care of its fluid, although I havent done the 2 filters yet, or if I ever will. Im still fairly certain I can hit 125k miles with only fluid changes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I wouldnt constantly lament the status of my CVT if it were not so hurky jerky. Some days its smooth is silk, others its rubberbanding, jerking, shuddering etc. I take good care of its fluid, although I havent done the 2 filters yet, or if I ever will. Im still fairly certain I can hit 125k miles with only fluid changes.
    Did you check the level correctly? It’s not a “Put it in Park and read the dipstick”. The owners manual describes the multi step process specifically and the CVT7 is very picky about fluid levels. Too much fluid will cause aeration and drive ability of the CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Did you check the level correctly? It’s not a “Put it in Park and read the dipstick”. The owners manual describes the multi step process specifically and the CVT7 is very picky about fluid levels. Too much fluid will cause aeration and drive ability of the CVT.
    I followed Fummins advice. Drove it for over 30 mins. checked it hot, the fluid was at the correct level by the "H", the dealership did the fluid flush. Now that I think about it the G4 we have, not my hatch, kinda feels the same at times although its a younger car by 3 years with 10k less miles on it. Im always looking at the rpm to make the CVT isnt searching wildly and its not. I also look for the flashing D but have yet to see it thank god. Im guessing its just unrefined?