Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly another cvt on it's way out (@ 128k km / 80k miles)

All our cars are All .

Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-17-2019),Marklovski (07-17-2019),MetroMPG (07-17-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    All our cars are optioned exactly the same. All cvt, all white and all es plus'.
    Right now the highest mileage original one has nearly 290000kms/180000miles on it.
    Dirk - There is still hope! Don't read beyond this part & enjoy your Mirage!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Or if I had way too much time on my hands just pull the cvt and replace the part before any signs of failure. It's really the only weak link I've seen so far. The belt and pulleys didn't look worn out on the ones I looked at. At least I don't think so?

I should probably start dropping the pans and replacing more fluid at a time in these things to see if they'll last longer. Or before long we'll end up with dozens of high mileage Mirage's that don't move.
    Let's say this is the only weak link. How much time would it take to replace this particular part in a Mirage CVT?

Have to believe this particular part would be much cheaper than an entire CVT (new or used)?

Just don't drive it, then it should last til the seals dry up and it pukes the fluid out.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just don't drive it, then it should last til the seals dry up and it pukes the fluid out.
    Not really my worry. I've never owned a vehicle that didn't have a manual transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Let's say this is the only weak link. How much time would it take to replace this particular part in a Mirage CVT?

Have to believe this particular part would be much cheaper than an entire CVT (new or used)?
    I can't recall exactly how much a new shaft cost, maybe around $150-200. You'd have to pull the transmission then spend maybe an hour or so splitting the case open and replacing the shaft. IIRC it's not burried too deep in there.

At this point I'd only buy a Mitsubishi if they took off a huge chunk off the price in exchange for zero warranty.
    Getting warranty work done is a joke. I'd rather just deal with repairs myself. If I blow up an engine or transmission I would either pay a shop to replace it or just do it myself. I can guarantee it'd be finished before Mitsubishi would even decide whether they'll cover it under warranty.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I can't recall exactly how much a new shaft cost, maybe around $150-200. You'd have to pull the transmission then spend maybe an hour or so splitting the case open and replacing the shaft. IIRC it's not burried too deep in there.

At this point I'd only buy a Mitsubishi if they took off a huge chunk off the price in exchange for zero warranty.
    Getting warranty work done is a joke. I'd rather just deal with repairs myself. If I blow up an engine or transmission I would either pay a shop to replace it or just do it myself. I can guarantee it'd be finished before Mitsubishi would even decide whether they'll cover it under warranty.
    I wont lie, it was a relief when my ride ran out of warranty oddly enough. No more worrying about getting it void going to ma and pa shops.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-17-2019)

Ridiculous Update:
    So now
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 08:10 PM.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Ridiculous Update:
    So now Mitsubishi wants records of having 2 transmission flushes done. This is getting retarded. How do they expect a transmission flush to be done and why? There is no mention of that needing to be done anywhere in the crapy generic warranty and maintenance manual. At least not that I remember seeing. Just states under severe to replace transmission fluid every 48k kms. I can't remember where I saw the part saying to drain and refill, if dirty do again til clean.. For the regular service schedule, it doesn't even state anywhere about needing a transmission flush. Or I'm blind and skipped that part?

The dealer refused to even look up transmission filters and said only EVO's had filters. Two or three different times. Bad Mitsubishi dealer, Bad!

I can see not covering warranty if there are no service records for fluid changes. But it's been almost a week now. I'm not sure if there are any records for this car. It was serviced elsewhere. Either way I would have liked to have known which way this is going by now. Car could have been back on the road within a day had I just replaced it from from the beginning. Now it's gonna sit on the hoist for another 11 days minimum. Chances are I'll have a pile of stuff to catch up on when I get back from holidays so maybe this car will be going again by August 2nd?

I'm done crying now
    You seen any cool wildlife yet up in the park?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ridiculous Update:
    So now Mitsubishi wants records of having 2 transmission flushes done. This is getting retarded. How do they expect a transmission flush to be done and why? There is no mention of that needing to be done anywhere in the crapy generic warranty and maintenance manual. At least not that I remember seeing. Just states under severe to replace transmission fluid every 48k kms. I can't remember where I saw the part saying to drain and refill, if dirty do again til clean.. For the regular service schedule, it doesn't even state anywhere about needing a transmission flush. Or I'm blind and skipped that part?

The dealer refused to even look up transmission filters and said only EVO's had filters. Two or three different times. Bad Mitsubishi dealer, Bad!

I can see not covering warranty if there are no service records for fluid changes. But it's been almost a week now. I'm not sure if there are any records for this car. It was serviced elsewhere. Either way I would have liked to have known which way this is going by now. Car could have been back on the road within a day had I just replaced it from from the beginning. Now it's gonna sit on the hoist for another 11 days minimum. Chances are I'll have a pile of stuff to catch up on when I get back from holidays so maybe this car will be going again by August 2nd?

I'm done crying now

Please, in the name of all that is holy, title your next post "Ludicrous update"! C'mon Dirk, you know this one!