Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Possibly another cvt on it's way out (@ 128k km / 80k miles)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah you're right. I'm more worried about that Jag in my garage I offered to replace the front wheel bearings on. That thing is a mofo to work on!!!!

In the mean time [B][SIZE=6]I'll just put this here
    Jeremy Clarkson does all the voiceovers in the game Forza 4 for xbox 360. You learn about the history of various race tracks. Interesting stuff, I liked old Top Gear for sure.

I wonder then if the 5 speed manual Mirage then is more reliable than the CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I Guess I'll stop bein
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 08:08 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I Guess I'll stop being such a dick for a while. Now they're looking into it. I'll back off until I know which way this is gonna go.
    They're looking into it after YOU dropped the pan??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

[QUOTE=AtomicPunk;90540]They're looking into it wer on Monday...
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-12-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Yup. The conversation went like; Hi, I just picked up a car that brought in this morning with a transmission problem and you guys said it needed spark plugs.....Service: Ok...... Me: well I just dropped the oil pan and it's full of metal chunks..... Smug service guy: well yeah there should be two magnets in the pan......Me:Yes, I realize that there are 2 magnets in the oil pan and yes they are right there where they should be but they are caked in metal filings and chunks of bearing that are not supposed to be there. I don't think spark plugs will fix this....Service:K send me some pics.....

Great service, got charged $160 for some idiot to say a car needs some bs work. lol
    After sending pics I got a reply saying not to touch the car they'll have an answer on Monday...
    Idiots! How are they not aware your a fleet mechanic with 30 Mirages in your care? You'd think they'd be grateful you've done the lion share of diagnostic work already, instead of second guessing you and not treating you like a fellow professional? My service guys are okay they just all act like they'd rather be working at a Honda dealership.

I hate to stick up for them, but in their defen

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yup. The conversation went like; Hi, I just picked up a car that brought in this morning with a transmission problem and you guys said it needed spark plugs.....Service: Ok...... Me: well I just dropped the oil pan and it's full of metal chunks..... Smug service guy: well yeah there should be two magnets in the pan......Me:Yes, I realize that there are 2 magnets in the oil pan and yes they are right there where they should be but they are caked in metal filings and chunks of bearing that are not supposed to be there. I don't think spark plugs will fix this....Service:K send me some pics.....

Great service, got charged $160 for some idiot to say a car needs some bs work. lol
    After sending pics I got a reply saying not to touch the car they'll have an answer on Monday...
    It's Monday: any news yet on the CVT?

Nope

I haven't heard anything yet. T it back to mitsubishi for diagnosis.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven't heard anything yet. They may have called and talked to someone else? I doubt it though. Here's what I foresee happening. They'll wait a few days then send the pics to Mitsubishi HQ. HQ will reply eventually asking for more info and service records. Then maybe approve it maybe not. I really don't expect to get a definite answer until the end of the month. It'd probably save us a ton of time if I just replaced it with one of our used ones and slowly give the old one back to the dealer piece by piece through the windows one day at a time. Then they can send it back to mitsubishi for diagnosis.

The "installment return plan"; I like it.