Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you buy this colour combination?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    A real spare tire is a necessity. My Dad had an old Fiat Cinquecento back in Holland. I know about the Abarth edition, and I believe some were Gucci editions also. I like the new Fiats but my Dad says stay away from Fiats.

I like the sporty red Italian car behind the Fiat in the video you linked there. Nice to have a garage like that!

Fancy interior in the Fiat-- looks so modern.
    Thats why you didnt care for my Imperial Japanese flag! Your Dutch, and the Japanese navy kicked the Dutch out of Indonesia in the beginning of WW2. They needed access to the Dutch rubber plantations. It all fits now Dspace. Was your grandapa in southeast asia back then?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Thats why you didnt care for my Imperial Japanese flag! Your Dutch, and the Japanese navy kicked the Dutch out of Indonesia in the beginning of WW2. They needed access to the Dutch rubber plantations. It all fits now Dspace. Was your grandapa in southeast asia back then?
    No my Opa had more beef with the Germans obviously. But that's history.

I have very distant Dutch relatives who were conscripts sent to Indonesia back in the late 40's. Dutch Vietnam. Same time or a bit earlier as the Mau Mau rebellions in Kenya.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-06-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    No my Opa had more beef with the Germans obviously. But that's history.

I have very distant Dutch relatives who were conscripts sent to Indonesia back in the late 40's. Dutch Vietnam. Same time or a bit earlier as the Mau Mau rebellions in Kenya.
    Ahhh interesting. The Dutch navy actually fought harder in the Pacific theater than in the European one from what Ive read. Especially in the opening stages of the Pacific War.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ahhh interesting. The Dutch navy actually fought harder in the Pacific theater than in the European one from what Ive read. Especially in the opening stages of the Pacific War.
    Ya some Dutch citizens, or colonialists to some, were in limbo under Imperial Japanese iron fist rule in Indonesia. Like British folks at the time in Hong Kong. The Dutch surrendered I think 1 week after the bombing of the city of Rotterdam in 1940.

Go to Amsterdam and visit the Anne Frank house, eye opening. The Dutch were occupied first and free'd the last, April 1945.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    I have had my Mental Mirage for two weeks now. My grandchildren have now got to like it. Phew, I'm out of trouble, and I simply admire its honesty and frugality. I have recently gone to my farm again then topped up with 95 Ron unleaded stuff and got 56 mpg. Err, what's not to like? Anyone?
    So long as the kids like it, that's what matters. One has to maintain that Rock Star status after all.

Another unpublished feature to these cars. We better knock it off or Mitsubishi will raise the price again.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    "Cool Granddad Surcharge.........£650"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Dirk - Ever think of being a History teacher? You could ride to work with your wife some day!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Dirk - Ever think of being a History teacher? You could ride to work with your wife some day!
    I got my BA in History but didnt continue into education, I live in GA and unfortunately this state is one of the worst in how they treat educators!

Try teaching gender studies?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-08-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Try teaching gender studies?
    Lol I work with a girl with a Masters in Gender studies and for the life of her she cant figure out why no one will hire her with a starting 6 figure salary! lol I suggested working as a social worker for the city but apparently working for the poor is beneath her. Kind of contradicts her whole persona IMO.