Thread: Found this forum after 8 months of owning a Mirage, hi!

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks

Found this forum after 8 months of owning a Mirage, hi!

Hi!

I'm Bart from The Netherlands and was looking for my first car so I didn't have to rely on being able to borrow my family's car haha.

Looked into all kinds of different second hand cars to buy until I stumbled across the Mirage (Space-Star, as its called in Europe iirc).
    It looked like a functional, reliable and economical car and had a more sane looking dashboard and overall layout compared to other cars near its price-range haha

I've had my Space-Star 2015 1.0 (Manual) for about 8 months so far and drove about 12000km with it (~7.5k miles) and its been great! Trips of 4.5L/100km (63MPG) or better? More often then not, its amazing!

Anyways I'm really happy I found this forum, all the information is very useful and the community has been nice so far.

Any questions about me (or the car ) let me know :)

Last edited by smiba; 07-05-2019 at 10:02 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Space-Star 1.0 manual: 47.7 mpg (US) ... 20.3 km/L ... 4.9 L/100 km ... 57.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to smiba For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome. Better late than never!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.8 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Hello Bart and welcome to the forum. There aren't many 1.0s here, so it’s good to have you on board.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smiba View Post
    Hi!

I'm Bart from The Netherlands and was looking for my first car so I didn't have to rely on being able to borrow my family's car haha.

Looked into all kinds of different second hand cars to buy until I stumbled across the Mirage (Space-Star, as its called in Europe iirc).
    It looked like a functional, reliable and economical car and had a more sane looking dashboard and overall layout compared to other cars near its price-range haha
    )
    I think your 1.0 L Mitsubishi Space Star /Mirage is getting slightly better fuel economy than my 1.2 with 5 speed manual, if very close. That is interesting.

I think in Europe you have more selection of small cars like the Mirage. I get what you mean some wild insane designs get into small cars.

Enjoy the Forum Bart, I didn't discover it for almost 3 years into having my Mirage. Lots of great information and interesting subculture for these different cars. Happy motoring!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)