Thread: Clown Car 2-0 :: 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage GT (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Clown Car 2-0
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage GT
    Black
    CVT

This radio sucks!

•  
    Details

dashcams

•  
    Comments: 8 / Views: 4115
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Hello mcbrewsky and welcome to the forum. Sounds like your Clown Car has been through the Thunderdome.

Quote Originally Posted by General notes for Clown Car
    Dealer: All we have left is black, is that OK?
    uh, sure!

Rear ended 3 times.
    Crashed into parked motorcycle on highway.

Achieved 60.1 mpg after 70k miles.

Congrats on joining the 60mpg club.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Dealer: All we have left is black, is that OK?
    uh, sure!

Welcome! There's nothing wrong with black cars. Henry Ford sold 15,000,000 Model T's from 1908 to 1927 and most of them were black. 12 of those 19 years of sales, were "You can get it in any color as long as it is black!"

Some debate the reason for black cars back then. At one point, Ford was cranking out a new Model T every 24 minutes. Not saying it was made in 24 minutes. It took them something like 5-6 hour per car, but they were surely cranking them out. I've read Henry Ford like black, because black paint dried faster. Not sure that is true either?

Welcome to the forum! I just gave you a taste of how we get side tracked here sometimes, too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I'm here looking for help running power to an under-seat sub. If I don't find answers/suggestions by searching/browsing the forum posts, would it be better to create a new thread or to reply to the thread(s) I come across?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbrewsky View Post
    I'm here looking for help running power to an under-seat sub. If I don't find answers/suggestions by searching/browsing the forum posts, would it be better to create a new thread or to reply to the thread(s) I come across?
    I don't think there is any harm in starting a new thread. Most of us that have been on here for some time focus on current postings. If you start a new thread, it may get noticed quicker. If someone knows of an existing thread on that topic, they will guide you there, too.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    You should have connections for adding heated seats in your Mirage in the center console. You'll need to remove the center console and the wiring for the seated heats is wrapped up near the front of the console. You can then just plug in a 20A fuse and you'll have 250 watts of available power. If you need more than that you'll most likely have to source your power from the battery directly.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    You should have connections for adding heated seats in your Mirage in the center console. You'll need to remove the center console and the wiring for the seated heats is wrapped up near the front of the console. You can then just plug in a 20A fuse and you'll have 250 watts of available power. If you need more than that you'll most likely have to source your power from the battery directly.
    I saw that mentioned in a couple of threads, so I checked my '14 and saw...
    + the empty spot for the relay.
    + the pre-installed 20 amp fuse.
    + the disconnected/unused connector for the switch in the center console.
    - 4 connectors from 2 wire bundles under the passenger seat, but they are all being used. (I don't have heated seats.)
    Name:  connectors.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  43.6 KB
    Driver's seat had only 2 connectors.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Potential access found at the side of the passenger's floor area. Looks like the Washer Fluid line (for the hatchback) and maybe a spare/sealed grommet.
    Name:  passenger.JPG
Views: 341
Size:  47.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I saw that mentioned in a couple of threads, so I checked my '14 and saw
    + the disconnected/unused connector for the switch in the center console.
    - 4 connectors from 2 wire bundles under the passenger seat, but they are all being used. (I don't have heated seats.)
    Name:  connectors.JPG
Views: 309
Size:  43.6 KB
    Driver's seat had only 2 connectors.
    The 20 amps of power is should be available at the unused connector for the switches. The seats don’t have the seat heaters pre-installed. It was a dealer installed accessory so it would be added after which is why there aren’t any unused connectors on the seats. The factory did the hard part (incorporating the electrical into wiring harness) and made it easy for it to be installed at the dealer. Now since you have a 2014 this might not be the case but if the relay is there and you put a fuse in the fuse block check the connector for power.

Last edited by inuvik; 07-07-2019 at 11:16 PM. Reason: clarification

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)