Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Im having issues with the defrost during summer storms

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Do you use your A/C? I find it is a big help clearing the windows. That's one of the great benefits to having the automatic climate controls - just set your temperature and the controller will manage the airflow & whatnot. I like how it adjusts as the engine coolant comes up to temperature, for one quick example.

Haha - now I've read through all the other posts since you made yours!

I'll move it to a thread of it's own and keep the 2020 Mirage thread tidy.
    If auto climate controls are so great, why does he have trouble figuring out how to keep his windshield clear?

On a more serious note, I am glad you answered Dirk's question & created a new thread!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If your fiancee ever comprehends how much a CVT torments you, she may let you buy a 5-speed manual next time?

By the way - Big wedding, small wedding? Should we email you our addresses to get an invite? Maybe Fummins would be willing to be your best man? Than again, you may have that covered already?

Let see - Are we off topic here yet? Probably, but I didn't bring up politics at least!
    Everyone is invited to wedding! I expect all of you to come to the bachelor party of course. From what I understand, strippers love the Mirage!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Do you use your A/C? I find it is a big help clearing the windows. That's one of the great benefits to having the automatic climate controls - just set your temperature and the controller will manage the airflow & whatnot. I like how it adjusts as the engine coolant comes up to temperature, for one quick example.

Haha - now I've read through all the other posts since you made yours!

I'll move it to a thread of it's own and keep the 2020 Mirage thread tidy.
    Yes, AC is on. Its just a weak defog I guess.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Everyone is invited to wedding! I expect all of you to come to the bachelor party of course. From what I understand, strippers love the Mirage!
    You gotta love that!!!!!

If I were wealthy, I know what I would get you for a wedding gift! Not sure what color wrapping paper would look best on a early edition Mirage CVT, however?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Yes, AC is on. Its just a weak defog I guess.
    Have you changed your cabin air filter recently?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Have you changed your cabin air filter recently?
    Great point! The Mirage cabin filter seems smaller than most! I changed mine @ 20,000 miles or so, & it was dirtier than I expected.

Not that I have an opinion on things. I may recommend going cheap on cabin air filters and changing it more often vs. expensive and leaving them in to long. Just using RockAuto.com as a reference guide, they have 5 options that range from $5.33 to $17.43. I am using the cheap one now. I bought a few more cheap ones the next time I did an order for something else (custom seat covers). I don't mind tossing a cheap cabin air filter more often.

I ordered better quality engine air filters, however. I must care about my engine more than my lungs? I don't think cabin air filters need to be that great unless you are allergic to everything or something?

Pinch the side of the glovebox in & drop it down.
    Pull the black cover off the cabin filter & pull it out.
    Very simple check. Spent more time cleaning out my glovebox than changing the filter.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Great point! The Mirage cabin filter seems smaller than most! I changed mine @ 20,000 miles or so, & it was dirtier than I expected.

Not that I have an opinion on things. I may recommend going cheap on cabin air filters and changing it more often vs. expensive and leaving them in to long. Just using RockAuto.com as a reference guide, they have 5 options that range from $5.33 to $17.43. I am using the cheap one now. I bought a few more cheap ones the next time I did an order for something else (custom seat covers). I don't mind tossing a cheap cabin air filter more often.

I ordered better quality engine air filters, however. I must care about my engine more than my lungs? I don't think cabin air filters need to be that great unless you are allergic to everything or something?

Pinch the side of the glovebox in & drop it down.
    Pull the black cover off the cabin filter & pull it out.
    Very simple check. Spent more time cleaning out my glovebox than changing the filter.
    It's definitely easy to do and I've used both higher quality filters and cheap ones. It doesn't take long for them to get plugged up with bugs, dust and if you live in hot humid areas (mold). If I lived in the South I'd be checking it every six months or so. You're right about it taking more time to empty the glove box than it is to actually remove the filter. One of the things I love about the Mirage. You can actually do the normal maintenance items yourself.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It's definitely easy to do and I've used both higher quality filters and cheap ones. It doesn't take long for them to get plugged up with bugs, dust and if you live in hot humid areas (mold). If I lived in the South I'd be checking it every six months or so. You're right about it taking more time to empty the glove box than it is to actually remove the filter. One of the things I love about the Mirage. You can actually do the normal maintenance items yourself.
    I changed the cabin air filter 4 months ago, dealership changed me $25.00 for an OEM filter total rip off. I couldnt find the correct size at Walmart or Pep Boys. Any links to the cheap cabin air filter?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I changed the cabin air filter 4 months ago, dealership changed me $25.00 for an OEM filter total rip off. I couldnt find the correct size at Walmart or Pep Boys. Any links to the cheap cabin air filter?
    I just buy the cheapie ones and replace them more often since it is so easy.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cabin-A-C-A...5.c10#viTabs_0

I bought 4 last time and changed my co-workers G4 filter also.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-07-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This how I shop for products like this, & it's totally legal!

I start with websites like rockauto.com or autozone.com. I am looking at their price somewhat, but I am also getting the proper filter numbers. These sites have you select your vehicle. Thus, the only products they show you are products that fit your car. There may be mistakes, but these companies are pretty good. I prefer rockauto.com, because they somewhat rate their products better.

Then I take that filter number, & I look for that particular filter on Amazon, ebay, or Walmart. Or just do a google search of it and see what comes up? Sometimes, I just end buying it from rockauto.com or autozone.com. It depends who has the best price. I like recliner shopping!

A Mirage cabin air filter is a pretty flimsy part. It shouldn't cost a lot of money. In your case, you have two Mirages in a way. If shipping isn't free, but a few extra and make it worthwhile. If you haven't look up parts for a Mirage on a site like rockauto.com, give it a try. It's very simple, & you don't have to figure which part # is right. They do that for you.

RockAuto.com cabin air filter choices -

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...ir+filter,6832

AutoZone.com cabin air filter choice -

https://www.autozone.com/filters-and...bin-air-filter

I searched for my 2017 Mirage above.

Last edited by Mark; 07-07-2019 at 12:35 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-07-2019)