Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faulty Windshield Wiper Sprayer? - Squirts Out only 1 nozzle

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Thanks Mark. I'll start with the pin trick when it's light out.
    And above freezing but hopefully that won't be necessary.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    And above freezing but hopefully that won't be necessary.
    True. Also worried about poking a hole in my tube. I might wait til spring, assuming the problem doesn't get worse.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    True. Also worried about poking a hole in my tube. I might wait til spring, assuming the problem doesn't get worse.
    I don't think the wire of a twist tie would damage the tube. In most cases, you couldn't reach the tube with something like a paper clip. Most nozzles are bending the flow of water from the tube to your windshield.

I use my window washers a lot during this time of year. Roads have been yucky lately.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't think the wire of a twist tie would damage the tube. In most cases, you couldn't reach the tube with something like a paper clip. Most nozzles are bending the flow of water from the tube to your windshield.

I use my window washers a lot during this time of year. Roads have been yucky lately.
    Has to be pretty narrow. I was already fiddling with it a bit earlier today. Gotta be smaller than the end of a pin, the diameter on a straightened out clothes hanger is actually a lot thicker than a small threading needle.

Winter time, lots of fun. My new winters have been a good investment, they improve traction a lot. Lots of deep tread on them.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Has to be pretty narrow. I was already fiddling with it a bit earlier today. Gotta be smaller than the end of a pin, the diameter on a straightened out clothes hanger is actually a lot thicker than a small threading needle.

Winter time, lots of fun. My new winters have been a good investment, they improve traction a lot. Lots of deep tread on them.
    If you find the right size wire, pin, or needle, you could gently compare a good nozzle to a bad one. Good luck with that!

Glad to hear you are liking your new winter tires. I drove on some bad roads today (school was cancelled) with my Mirage. If I didn't have good tires on my Mirage, the Forester would have come out of the garage today.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    With what money lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    CERB lol

Or perhaps you bought a ton of gme or koss stocks a few days ago???
    I didn't think this thread needed to get to 20 posts, but I was WRONG!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-28-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    CERB lol

Or perhaps you bought a ton of gme or koss stocks a few days ago???
    Blackberry stocks, they were like $4 bucks, now they are like $25, and for no reason apparently. The power of a brand name.

Honestly I owe like $600 bucks left on my Mirage, and my new tires and car mats was like $900 bucks.

Holy moly I should have bought winter tires years ago. What a huge difference.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-29-2021),MirageRally (01-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Honestly I owe like $600 bucks left on my Mirage, and my new tires and car mats was like $900 bucks.

Holy moly I should have bought winter tires years ago. What a huge difference.
    I honestly don't know how you did it without winter tires in Canada before that?

Even my AWD Forester is a worthless vehicle in the snow without good tires. Tires make a huge difference for both my Mirage & Forester.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy no car payments soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-29-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I honestly don't know how you did it without winter tires in Canada before that?

Even my AWD Forester is a worthless vehicle in the snow without good tires. Tires make a huge difference for both my Mirage & Forester.

Hopefully, you'll enjoy no car payments soon.
    Driving gently, and according to weather conditions. Pay extra attention.

Clutch the car any time there is a snow patch. Don't drive fast. In times of snow blindness, rely on having good alignment. Make sure your commute doesn't involve hills, or bad curves in the road. Don't drive on very rural country roads in the winter.

I've been very lucky. Doesn't take much.

Don't let the mean jerk tailgating you land you in the ditch, or worse. Take matters into your own hands and choose you first.