Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Faulty Windshield Wiper Sprayer? - Squirts Out only 1 nozzle

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Driving gently, and according to weather conditions. Pay extra attention.

Clutch the car any time there is a snow patch. Don't drive fast. In times of snow blindness, rely on having good alignment. Make sure your commute doesn't involve hills, or bad curves in the road. Don't drive on very rural country roads in the winter.

I've been very lucky. Doesn't take much.

Don't let the mean jerk tailgating you land you in the ditch, or worse. Take matters into your own hands and choose you first.
    I live on rural roads. I don't make it home without good tires. I would never make up the hills. It took me 3 runs at it just to make it to my closet neighbor the other day. First two times, I had to back downhill & try again. That's with good snow tires up front.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-29-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's cool Mark. Do you do 2 winter tires up front to extend the life of your winter tire set?

I can't honestly say enough good things about my new winter tires. Like night and day. Feels like a new car almost and that is maybe part of the goal. Definitely goes through snow and ice and cold weather better.

Heater could use improvement lol.

Next upgrade is a new battery and spark plugs. My Mirage stalled out in front of my house earlier today eh. Wouldn't get started again for a few tries, I got my Mirage going again but still. I could use a new battery in my car.
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-29-2021 at 09:21 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MirageRally (01-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Look up what's happening in the stock market this week. It's not the power of a brand name, just a bunch of crazies on reddit driving prices up lol https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/red...erry-1.5890039

Some brokers stopped allowing people to buy certain stocks(amc,GME and probably others) in the US.
    "Crazies = large group of small investors doing to hedge funds what theyve been doing to the people for years..."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-29-2021),inuvik (01-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    That's cool Mark. Do you do 2 winter tires up front to extend the life of your winter tire set?
    I use multiple tires to keep newer ones on during the winter months, & I try to use older tires up during the summer months.

This is the fourth winter for my pair Nokian Nordman 7 snow tires that are up front, & they seem to be holding up quite well. I put a brand new pair of Nexen N'Priz AH5 on the rear axle this winter.

I still have one pair original Dunlop Enasave tires (hoping to get one more summer out of them) & one pair of Federal SS-657 tires with 25,000 miles on them in my garage. Those two pairs will go back on my Mirage this coming spring.

When I feel my Nokian snow tires are getting worn down, I may use those in the rear for a couple winters. I may try a pair of Vredestein Quatrac 5 all-weather tires or Federal Himalaya Kattura snow tires up front in the future. That may be a year or two from now, however.

More 165/65r14 tire options have appeared in recent years. I don't feel tire size/lack of choices is much of an issue any more. We can probably credit Mitsubishi still using the same factory size tire here. They've been selling a Mirage with that tire size since 2014 now.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Nice setup for the winter months. I should have bought winters from day 1. That said, our winters literally aren't as cold now. But they say with climate warming we will just get more snow in the winter. Great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So, did this wiper nozzle issue get solved, or did we just merge over into a snow tire thread?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    So, did this wiper nozzle issue get solved, or did we just merge over into a snow tire thread?
    Drifted into a thread about snow tires. I can't do anything about my nozzle problem until it warms up outside.

3/4 nozzle jets on my first Mirage were clogged when I got it. The pin trick works OK.

I learned 2 things about the nozzles:

1) They're independently aim-able;

2) There's a check valve (ball) in the nozzle fitting that prevents drainback.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-29-2021),inuvik (01-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I can't do anything about my nozzle problem until it warms up outside.
    Why? The fluid used should be protected against freezing.

Unless that is the problem?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Why? The fluid used should be protected against freezing.

Unless that is the problem?
    I'm in hibernation mode lol. My Mirage is always parked outside.

Last edited by dspace9; 01-30-2021 at 10:48 AM.