Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Faulty Windshield Wiper Sprayer? - Squirts Out only 1 nozzle

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I'm in hibernation mode lol. My Mirage is always parked outside, so it's a pain to do anything. I'm pretty sure I've seen ice freeze over the nozzles a few times. South facing parking spot so my Mirage warms up pretty good every day regardless of season.
    The cheapest most basic washer fluid is rated for -20F in my area. This apparently is not a real issue for you.

If sticking a tiny wire or pin in the plugged nozzle is seen as too much work, you probably shouldn't have asked the question in the first place.

Driving with a dirty windshield is unsafe. Aren't you the same person who was upset about missing side mirrors?

We don't need to hear you come back with "one side works". We already know that. You have been given suggestions for an easy fix & in return we get nothing but excuses back from you.

I value good wipers & washer fluid, especially in the winter. I am driving across Wisconsin later today. I wouldn't make that trip without those items working properly. It would be like leaving home without side mirrors to me.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (04-11-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Works great now, all fixed. Thanks for everyones' help.

Pressuring washing my Mirage with hot soapy water loosened it up more than anything. 4 good sprays now. This keeps happening every winter eh.
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-30-2021 at 06:43 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    3/4 nozzle jets on my first Mirage were clogged when I got it. The pin trick works OK.
    2) There's a check valve (ball) in the nozzle fitting that prevents drainback.
    I'm having trouble with the anti drainback valve on the driver's side right now. I think this may be a side effect of the big Central Texas freeze earlier this year. Anyway, Passenger side nozzle works, driver's side doesn't. I can't blow compressed air through it in either direction. To make it work, I have to push a toothpick up into the nozzle from below, and push the plastic check ball up into the body of the nozzle. It seems much tighter than I would expect. And the problem is that this fix now seems to lest only 1 or 2 days before I have to do it again. I think I'm going to have to replace a nozzle or 2.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 46.0 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaton View Post
    I'm having trouble with the anti drainback valve on the driver's side right now. I think this may be a side effect of the big Central Texas freeze earlier this year. Anyway, Passenger side nozzle works, driver's side doesn't. I can't blow compressed air through it in either direction. To make it work, I have to push a toothpick up into the nozzle from below, and push the plastic check ball up into the body of the nozzle. It seems much tighter than I would expect. And the problem is that this fix now seems to lest only 1 or 2 days before I have to do it again. I think I'm going to have to replace a nozzle or 2.
    These may be interesting to try? Check out posts #14 and beyond in the thread below.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ove-it-)/page2

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Works great now, all fixed. Thanks for everyones' help.

Pressuring washing my Mirage with hot soapy water loosened it up more than anything. 4 good sprays now. This keeps happening every winter eh.
    This happened again, I just open and close the hood a few times, and seems to loosen the hose. Works fine now. Always the drivers side nozzle and at the end of winter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)