Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Faulty Windshield Wiper Sprayer? - Squirts Out only 1 nozzle

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Faulty Windshield Wiper Sprayer? - Squirts Out only 1 nozzle

My windshield sprayers (left and right) only spray one side or the other sometimes. Sometimes work perfect.

The left sprayer will squirt washer fluid, in the correct V pattern onto the windshield, and the right won't. Nothing's blocked I'm 99% certain, and 99.9% certain the motor running the pump is fine.

I think there's a kink in the hose from my Mirage's windshield washer reservoir to the nozzles.
    If I open and close the hood this sometimes makes it "magically" fix...so I think it's a hose kink.

Is this a manufacturer's defect sort of issue?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Still only have 1 sprayer nozzle that squirts out washer fluid. Luckily it's the driver's side that still works. Not sure what's going on, I follow the hose but I'm not certain where the nozzle starts on the washer pump. I'm not disconnecting anything and blowing it out because for one thing, I don't have an air compressor at home.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ok, thanks for the information. I think the Y hose is black and the nozzle err 1 hose that goes out the reservoir is clear.

If you want the new car smell, but spend less, buy weather tech mats. That undeniable new car smell, just new plastic.. ah, nothing more fake lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Ok, thanks for the information. I think the Y hose is black and the nozzle err 1 hose that goes out the reservoir is clear.

If you want the new car smell, but spend less, buy weather tech mats. That undeniable new car smell, just new plastic.. ah, nothing more fake lol.
    It's not clear you understood what Fummins suggested by your response?

If one nozzle is spraying, we know the reservoir has fluid and your pump is working.

I would do exactly what Fummins suggested. Pull off the inside hood insulation & look at the hoses. If they look good, I would pull off the hose of the nozzle that's not working. Stick the end of the hose under the opened hood where you can see it & turn on your washer fluid pump. If fluid shoots out when the pump turns on, your nozzle is just plugged. If a hose is busted to that nozzle, you can just replace it with the correct size hose from a hardware store.

Since you know the pump is working, this should be an easy fix. We may not even get to 20+ posts on this one!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's not clear you understood what Fummins suggested by your response?

If one nozzle is spraying, we know the reservoir has fluid and your pump is working.

I would do exactly what Fummins suggested. Pull off the inside hood insulation & look at the hoses. If they look good, I would pull off the hose of the nozzle that's not working. Stick the end of the hose under the opened hood where you can see it & turn on your washer fluid pump. If fluid shoots out when the pump turns on, your nozzle is just plugged. If a hose is busted to that nozzle, you can just replace it with the correct size hose from a hardware store.

Since you know the pump is working, this should be an easy fix. We may not even get to 20+ posts on this one!
    I can't reach the spray trigger and examine if fluid is coming up the hose or not. Like at the same time. I need another set of eyes or hands. Actually can't tell anyways because that part of the hose, the Y part, is black.

But I can see if stuff is flowing out the reservoir since that hose is clear. I think.

I want to see what the answer is to that, before I take off the insulation on the hood.

I totally get it that nothing is wrong with my pump, or a case of an empty fluid reservoir.

Little thing like that driving me bonkers eh.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You don't need two hands, just take the hose off the nozzle and run the sprayer with the hood open. if you see washer juice come flying out under the hood then you know the nozzle is clogged up.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-26-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Dodge Aries K.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You'll literally gain 5hp by having both nozzles working. But lose 10 when the pump runs in reverse for the rear washer.
    Got it! When going to pass someone, clean the front windshield with a blast of spray. Only do rear window when cruising at constant speed or going downhill.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Thanks Dodge Aries K.
    Some people are visual learners - I would do things in these steps first -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyIeuBR-Bp0

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Some people are visual learners - I would do things in these steps first -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyIeuBR-Bp0
    Thanks Mark. I'll start with the pin trick when it's light out.