Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can Anybody Help With Mann & Hummel Oil filter?

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Can Anybody Help With Mann & Hummel Oil filter?

I don't use main agents for servicing, I use two guys about three miles from me, have done for six years now but I buy my own service items as I'm a fussy bugger.
    We have a store here called Euro Car Parts, high prices but there's always a code to get from 10% to 50% off, tells a story doesn't it?
    Well I always us Mann filters and I went on Mann & Hummel site but they do not list a Mirage, they have a Space Star 11 for which they list Mann W610/3, that's for a Space Star??????????? Euro Car Parts list W610/7. I'm confused. I'm loathe to buy certain items from Euro Car Parts because about eight years ago they sold me the wrong plugs and air filter.
    If anybody has a clue which Mann filter I need I'd be very grateful.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    The correct Baldwin filter (which is available in the UK) is the B1402. Running that through the cross reference in the Mann web site returns the W610/3. There is a secondary filter W610/6 but the note states Honda so I wouldn't purchase that one.

Northern Filter Supplies looks like it might be close to your location and they carry Baldwin filters just a FYI.
    Last edited by inuvik; 07-08-2019 at 03:19 PM. Reason: additional info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-08-2019),itschad (07-08-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The correct Baldwin filter (which is available in the UK) is the B1402. Running that through the cross reference in the Mann web site returns the W610/3. There is a secondary filter W610/6 but the note states Honda so I wouldn't purchase that one.

Northern Filter Supplies looks like it might be close to your location and they carry Baldwin filters just a FYI.
    Thanks inuvik. Here's a surprise, I just phoned my local agent and they tell me that I have a prepaid service (Three were paid for at time of purchase) left that's due in December. I have now found out through another source that indeed it is the W610/3
    I thank you for your help kind sir.

It might not hurt to price out the filters from the dealer? The ones we use are mz690072, they do have an antidrain back valve unlike the ones installed from factory and they're a little taller as well. The cost is similar to a wix out here. I've been using the mitsu filter since day one and haven't had any problems.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

itschad (07-08-2019)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It might not hurt to price out the filters from the dealer? The ones we use are mz690072, they do have an antidrain back valve unlike the ones installed from factory and they're a little taller as well. The cost is similar to a wix out here. I've been using the mitsu filter since day one and haven't had any problems.
    Thanks Fummins, I was sort of hoping you'd reply with all your knowledge. You have to question Mitsubishi's logic, naming cars all over the planet by different names. Makes me wonder if mine is a non pedigree

If I had to guess I'd say they name car's differently around the world in some cases cause the words might have different meaning depending on where you go. Space star is still better than a Mitsubishi Lettuce
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    Thanks inuvik. Here's a surprise, I just phoned my local agent and they tell me that I have a prepaid service (Three were paid for at time of purchase) left that's due in December. I have now found out through another source that indeed it is the W610/3
    I thank you for your help kind sir.
    The 2017 Mirage, Outlander, & Outlander Sport all use the same size filter if that is ever helpful to know. Doesn't matter if it is the 1.2, 2.0, 2.4, or 3.0 engines. Even the newer Eclipse Cross with the 1.5 turbo engine uses the same size filter. The larger Lancer engine is the only one that has something different from what I looked at.

Mann + Hummel is not common here, but they own Purolator & Wix (which is sold here).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

itschad (07-08-2019)

I've seen Mann parts on our shelves but never looked into what parts they were or what they fit. Green and yellow box is all I remember.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've seen Mann parts on our shelves but never looked into what parts they were or what they fit. Green and yellow box is all I remember.
    Green and yellow it is. I've been buying Mann filters for donkey's years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've run four filters. Stock, wix, M1 and fram ultra synthetic. All but the fram ultra have a bit of rattle upon start up.

I have a couple wix xp synthetic filters on the shelf to try still.
    Never heard of hamm but maybe they just are not in the states.