Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: City fuel economy - just wondering (getting 6.8L/100 Km = 35 mpg US/14.7 km/L)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Actually the hotter the air, the best MPG you will get.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 40.8 mpg (US) ... 17.4 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 49.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    " My avg. in the city is 40 MPG and last week I was getting over 54 MPG on the interstate but that was early in the morning.
    On my way back when it was 90 degrees outside I got like 50 MPG.
    This is with the CVT . "

MyNewMirage , is possible for you to get some pictures of overall gas mileage , fuel gauge and the miles on the existing tank ? Would greatly appreciate it . The car is lookin' very good .

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    This is what the base model '11 Fit with the 5 speed auto is getting for now . Many hills , some city , 2 people and windy . Will likely drop tomorrow with 3 people , groceries and 2 very steep hills to climb to and from . The MIRAGE would be interesting to have to get better F.E.. There's no rentals in a 70 mile radius that stock them .
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNewMirage View Post
    My avg. in the city is 40 MPG and last week I was getting over 54 MPG on the interstate but that was early in the morning.
    This is with the CVT.

I wonder if adding an oil cooler would help with the fuel mileage?

Every week I make a trip from Madison to the Milwaukee area and back. It's 75 miles one way, pretty much straight east/west. Elevation drops about 65 feet on my way to Milwaukee. The prevailing winds in our area are out of the west.

I consistently get better gas mileage on the way to Milwaukee (heading east) than I do going back to Madison. The difference is usually around 4 mpg, like yours, Kevin. One time my MID read 70.1 mpg for the trip to Milwaukee with a 20 mph tailwind, and 50 mpg for the trip back.

My point is that even slight winds and elevation changes will affect fuel economy, so I don't take one way trip numbers very seriously. In real world driving, I always go back home.
    Last edited by fifteenwindow; 06-14-2014 at 01:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 53.1 mpg (US) ... 22.6 km/L ... 4.4 L/100 km ... 63.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    " My avg. in the city is 40 MPG and last week I was getting over 54 MPG on the interstate but that was early in the morning.
    This is with the CVT . "

MyNewMirage , is possible for you to get some pictures of overall gas mileage , fuel gauge and the miles on the existing tank ? Would greatly appreciate it . The car is lookin' very good .

Yes I can provide pictures.

For me I get as high as 54 MPG on the interstate heading to work in the morning but on my way back it's like 90 degrees outside and I lose only getting about 44-46 on avg.
    same speeds, 65-70 MPG

In the city I'm happy getting 37 MPG, that's insane

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Mine is 1.2 MT Sedan. Almost a week of driving, I'm a bit confused to the "average fuel consumption" gauge reading. My average daily route of city driving is 17 km which I got a reading between 14 to 16 km/L. Today, I registered 11km/L. What went wrong? Have been using the automatic reset since. Does it make a difference with a manual reset?

The no 1 reason why I choose this car because of its fuel efficiency, advertised as 21 km/L. Local dealer informed me, that most likely I have to reach 5000 kms first before I can register a 21 km/L. Any idea on this?

Thanks.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Most engines take anywhere from 0-20000 miles to completely break in and start getting better fuel economy.

My Focus took about 15000 miles. About the time I crossed 15000 miles, fuel economy shot up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    How you drive and what type of commute you have are also huge factors in fuel economy. Fifteenwindow gets pretty crazy mileage with his because he drives specifically to get good mileage (not just get there the fastest). If you're stuck in stop and go traffic a lot, you will probably have a very hard time getting to 21km/l.

Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)