Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were to replace your older Mirage, what 2019 trim level would you get?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think I would probably end up getting another SE.

15" wheels and projector headlights aren't enough for me to go to GT, and I'm not a fan of the limited color scheme.

Plus, the old style headlight units should be cheaper to replace, should the need arise.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage SE 1.2 automatic: 33.6 mpg (US) ... 14.3 km/L ... 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'd get which ever one that comes with remote start.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Marklovski View Post
    I'd get which ever one that comes with remote start.
    Mirage is offered in 5 trim levels, but I don't believe any trim level has remote start.

This is somewhat my overall criticism that is sometimes taken the wrong way. I really like the Mirage, but I don't care for how it has been marketed in the U.S.

Each year Mitsubishi claims more standard features, but none of those standard features are anything new. All it does is change the base level Mirage. Since 2017, very little or maybe nothing has been done for the GT (top level).

For those who like features, add something new (remote start, sunroof, or something at least). They added a LE trim level, but what is new there? It has some features of the ES & GT, but other than some red trim lines it's really nothing new. Yes, we have a RF option now, but it's just an ES with a better stereo system.

LE has manual climate controls like the ES.
    LE has 15" alloy wheels & heated seats like the GT. Even though the SE is a higher price, it doesn't have those two features. There are some differences, but when it comes down to it the 5 trim levels aren't really all that different. The difference between all 5 trim levels is $2000 (comparing apples to apples - same transmissions). ES (CVT) has a MSRP of $14,995 & the GT is $16,995. That's not much of a range.

A 2017 ES (base model) is not the same as the upcoming 2020 ES, because adding standard features has changed it. This is why I say the ES has become a nice package over the past couple years. I am not sure a 2017 GT (top model) is any different than the upcoming 2020 GT, however? I could be wrong, however?

For those who like features like you have just mentioned, where is the inspiration to upgrade?
    Last edited by Mark; 07-10-2019 at 01:34 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    For those who like features like you have just mentioned, where is the inspiration to upgrade?
    Personal preference.

MMNA is doing a fine job selecting features & trims for the North American market. This is a small economy car with a small margin of profit that has been largely rejected by the automotive press here. With that in mind, I feel lucky to have one.

It's as if the Mirage is punching above its weight.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I feel lucky to have one.
    It's good that you feel that way, & that you keep telling us that over and over and over again, too!
    Last edited by Mark; 07-10-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    It's good that you feel that way, & that you keep telling us that over and over and over again, too!
    Well, sure. We all are. Mitsubishi didn't have to design this & didn't have to bring it to market. Does the trim level really matter that much?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My current Mirage is a DE 'Stripper', with not much extra aside from the CVT.

I've installed fog lights and a cruise control system from this forum.

Biggest thing I miss is central locking, it's a pain in the arse to fumble with keys when your hands are full, AC would be nice for humid days and speeding up clearing of the windshield.

So that means probably the ES "Plus" trim here in Canada, which includes central locking, AC, fancy radio unit with touchscreen and a manual for $14998 CAD (11500 USD).

I don't mind the CVT, but I miss the fun of a manual.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timw4mail View Post
    I think I would probably end up getting another SE.

15" wheels and projector headlights aren't enough for me to go to GT, and I'm not a fan of the limited color scheme.

Plus, the old style headlight units should be cheaper to replace, should the need arise.
    You also get front seat warmers, and the GT is only $500 more than the SE. I feel like those might be worthwhile in Michigan! Honestly, I would have to drive a Mirage with projector headlights to see if I even like them. On some cars, I don't.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    You also get front seat warmers, and the GT is only $500 more than the SE. I feel like those might be worthwhile in Michigan! Honestly, I would have to drive a Mirage with projector headlights to see if I even like them. On some cars, I don't.
    LE has 15" wheels & heated seats & is cheaper than the SE if those things are important to you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (07-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    LE has 15" wheels & heated seats & is cheaper than the SE if those things are important to you.
    I can't stand the hideous black wheels on the LE that look like they were spray-painted by a teenager.