Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you were to replace your older Mirage, what 2019 trim level would you get?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts

If you were to replace your older Mirage, what 2019 trim level would you get?

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm glad I got a nicely appointed Mirage with a 5-speed transmission. I'm not sure I would have bought it if it didn't have cruise control. Since I haven't before enjoyed the other luxuries such as automatic climate control, USB and Bluetooth connectivity I have come to really appreciate having these features on such an affordable car.
    If you lost your Mirage to an accident & wanted to replace it new, what 2019 trim level would you buy today? What's the most you would pay for it?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Good question. I wouldn't even want to think about that. I'd rather enjoy what I have while I have it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you lost your Mirage to an accident & wanted to replace it new, what 2019 trim level would you buy today? What's the most you would pay for it?
    That's a good question for a thread. If I stuck with Mitsubishi I might be inclined to snap up a manual outlander sport before they are discontinued this year, sadly. They only come in the base model and outlander and the outlander sport are made 100% in Japan. I've always held vehicles made in Japan a hair higher than others.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    That's a good question for a thread. If I stuck with Mitsubishi I might be inclined to snap up a manual outlander sport before they are discontinued this year, sadly. They only come in the base model and outlander and the outlander sport are made 100% in Japan. I've always held vehicles made in Japan a hair higher than others.
    If the Outlander Sport came in AWD manual, it would be replacing my 2011 Forester some day. Then again, I would say the same about a Toyota or Honda version of that. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a slightly used one even, but it's not a vehicle that exists. If I had to replace my Forester for some reason, I can't think of a single new vehicle on the market that I would be excited about. New AWD/manual vehicles have been reduced down to the Subaru Crosstrek & some Jeep models. I don't plan on buying another Subaru. I would probably have to cave at age 56 & buy my first automatic. Now that I have a car like the Mirage for daily driver, I would probably seek out an older Toyota 4Runner or Highlander.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Good question. I wouldn't even want to think about that. I'd rather enjoy what I have while I have it.
    I ask the question, because there are 5 trim levels now. Despite that, you can't even get what you presently have now.

In my case - I can answer the questions quite easily, because a 5-speed manual in a small car especially trumps everything. I would buy a 2019 ES (manual), & I wouldn't pull the trigger on one until it quite close to $11,000 OTD. I wouldn't back off on that much either. It's the only new Mirage deal I would consider, too!

In your case, I was wondering if push button start & auto climate controls would trump a 5-speed manual? Or would the present RF trump a 5-speed manual?

It would be ok to say you would buy a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris, too!

I will change my original questions. Would the features that you have grown fond of trump the 5-speed manual in 2019? Would one of the 5 trim levels today make you just as happy as what you have now? I think those are fair questions.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-08-2019 at 03:36 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I will change my original questions. Would the features that you have grown fond of trump the 5-speed manual in 2019? Would one of the 5 trim levels today make you just as happy as what you have now? I think those are fair questions.
    I would need to have the FAST key system, which my '15 5-speed ES came with. If I have to get a CVT to get the FAST key system, I might as well get the top-of-the-range GT trim.

I am pretty fond of 'bun-toasters' as well!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    I ask the question, because there are 5 trim levels now. Despite that, you can't even get what you presently have now.

In my case - I can answer the questions quite easily, because a 5-speed manual in a small car especially trumps everything. I would buy a 2019 ES (manual), & I wouldn't pull the trigger on one until it quite close to $11,000 OTD. I wouldn't back off on that much either. It's the only new Mirage deal I would consider, too!

In your case, I was wondering if push button start & auto climate controls would trump a 5-speed manual? Or would the present RF trump a 5-speed manual?

It would be ok to say you would buy a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris, too!

I know, I know. You bring up price & manual transmissions over & over & over again. You give a clear impression of what you think about the Mirage and your purchase process.

I'm thankful I was able to get my 2015 Mirage ES with 5-speed manual transmission and pushbutton F.A.S.T. system, automatic climate controls (complete with PTC heaters) and factory cruise control. I'm glad I don't have to go through that decision process again for the foreseeable future.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

[Admin note: this topic split from the sales reports thread!]

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    [Admin note: this topic split from the sales reports thread!]
    Thanks for doing that.
    This topic didn't belong where it ended up.

No problemo. Discussions evolve.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)