Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Quick Inspection Form

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts

Mitsubishi Quick Inspection Form

Do you like DIY maintenance? Browsing around I found the Mitsubishi Quick Inspection form. It gives an outline of things to look for. Use it when doing maintenance on your car or at any time, really.

There is a pdf version of the checklist. It can be found on Mitsubishi's website here. Also, look for the pdf as an attachment to this post in case Mitsubishi ever takes it down.

This checklist is a good start, and can be helpful for new drivers to get a better understanding of vehicle condition & maintenance.

What items do you do when checking over your cars? What items would you add to this list?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-10-2019 at 08:45 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

BecauseRaceCar (07-10-2019),Cobrajet (07-10-2019),inuvik (07-10-2019)

Gotta make sure that power steering fluid is full.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Gotta make sure that power steering fluid is full.
    That's a great catch.

So does this mean you are going to start using this? I'm sure your drivers would love to have a checklist of their own. Imagine how that would bring everyone together.

I'm just so glad your bosses let you hang out with us here on the forum. You have been more helpful and had more input than all the Mitsubishi technicians here.

What else would you add?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Drivers already have a checklist. Basically check fluid levels, lights, note if check engine or warning lights are on. Make sure seatbelts, and wipers work and are in good shape. In winter time must make sure there's a snow brush and extension cord in the car. I'm going to have to add make sure the spare tire and tools are in the car once in a while. For some reason tire irons disappear.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Do you like DIY maintenance? Browsing around I found the Mitsubishi Quick Inspection form. It gives an outline of things to look for. Use it when doing maintenance on your car or at any time, really.
    Nice find & great item to share with forum members. I can't say that I've been to Mitsubishi dealership enough to see them use a sheet like this.

I know my local Subaru dealership has a very similar sheet, & I have seen them use it with ever visit. It's always nice to know things have been checked & are in good working order.

When I been in the waiting lounge of the Subaru dealership, I've also noticed a very nice practice they do. They have a very nice, sweet, elderly gentlemen come out and visit each customer that is waiting for their car service to be done. In his hands are the customer's engine & cabin air filters. He talks about both. He give them an estimate of when they may need to be replaced in the future, too. He very nice about it all, & doesn't seemed pressured to push new filters either. It's just a nice little touch that makes each customer feel like they care about your business.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Nice find & great item to share with forum members.
    I often take for granted the experience I've had working on and fixing cars. Heck, I put my first car together without any training or guidance outside of Haynes & Chilton manuals. I guess I'm lucky to have that experience. And no I'm not bragging because I made a bunch of mistakes along the way. It also helps me appreciate the effort a conscientious professional puts into their work.

So if this list helps someone understand their car a little better, great.

By the way let me know if there's any problem downloading the pdf document attached. I haven't attached documents much here and I hope that it works. One day Mitsubishi will move on from this form and it might become unavailable.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

What items do you do when checking over your cars? What items would you add to this list?
    Reminds me of my forklift daily check list.

Has anyone had issues with their wiper spray not working?

Otherwise my Mirage is mint, but I have had issues with the spray nozzle. I've tried to engage folks about the wiper spray intermittently not working on my Mirage, but haven't had a bite on my thread.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Here's a form that car dealers use https://www.amvic.org/wp-content/upl...14-no-logo.pdf

And nope, no problems with washer squirters on any mirage's. Had a couple cars freeze up when they were bought in the winter time. Figured it was caused by watered down dealer washer fluid. You could try blowing through the lines and see if they're plugged. I've had to replace nozzles on old trucks when fluid would pour out like taking a leak rather than a proper spray.Attachment 14979
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-10-2019 at 06:45 PM.
    Mirage videos:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-10-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post

And nope, no problems with washer squirters on any mirage's. Had a couple cars freeze up when they were bought in the winter time. Figured it was caused by watered down dealer washer fluid. You could try blowing through the lines and see if they're plugged.Attachment 14979
    Thanks Fummins

Since the problem goes away when I open and close the hood, I think it's a kink in the hose somewhere.

I guess I got that 1 in a million Mirage eh? Lucky me

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Thanks Fummins

Since the problem goes away when I open and close the hood, I think it's a kink in the hose somewhere.

I guess I got that 1 in a million Mirage eh? Lucky me
    If anyone lives in a norther climate, I would recommend pumping out the stock washer fluid before your first winter. Add new fluid & make sure you pump some to the rear window. Otherwise, that hose stays frozen shut for quite some time.

If opening & closing the hood makes a difference, it seems like it would be easier to find the problem. Just looking up suggestion I see -

https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Clogge...shield-Washers