Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which head unit did your Mirage come with?

Anywhere ignorant yanks and cads dont venture
    Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Which head unit did your Mirage come with?

Hello all.

Just wondering what head unit you guys had/have on your Mirage from stock?

Iv'e seen a ton of Mirages. But none have the same head unit mine was supplied with from the dealer.

Clarion NX509. Pretty old but has alot of audio options. Sub channel, phase & L/H P filters ect.

2013 model.

Cheers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I have the basic stock 2-DIN radio (non-touchscreen.)

I recently saw some reference to a 1-DIN radio from Mitsubishi. What's handy about that is it allows a little storage cubby in the space underneath.

I wonder what markets got that?
    Last edited by Eggman; 07-10-2019 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Added pictures from Mitsubishi Motors website.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    In the US, this is what every 2014-2015 Mirage radio looked like if it didn't have the Rockford Fosgate option...

Name:  radio.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  54.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    In the US, this is what every 2014-2015 Mirage radio looked like if it didn't have the Rockford Fosgate option...

That's what all our 15 and 17's look like.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Anywhere ignorant yanks and cads dont venture
    Country
    UK
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I have the basic stock 2-DIN radio (non-touchscreen.)

I recently saw some reference to a 1-DIN radio from Mitsubishi. What's handy about that is it allows a little storage cubby in the space underneath.

That cubby hole would make a perfect home for a 7 band Eq/preamp.

Or even an 8-track player or tape deck?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

I will add to what Top_Fuel shared. The 2017 ES has the exact same radio set up with manual climate controls underneath it. Due to backup cameras becoming standard in 2018, that particular radio set up disappeared entirely.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (07-10-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post

My 2000 Honda CRV had that cubby space under the radio, & I really liked it. I don't like sitting on my wallet during long trips. I would always have my wallet & garage door opener stuck in that cubby. It was a perfect spot for both.

Now that backup cameras are the norm, I doubt we'll see 1-pin radios any more. When I think about it, my 2000 Honda was 1-pin radio/cassette player. The updated 2nd generation Honda CRVs came with 2-pin radio/cassette/CD players. CD players are becoming rare in new cars now. I am glad the Mirage still has one, but I am downloading all of my CDs on a 32GB flash drive and playing them through the USB port in the glovebox of my 2017 Mirage ES. That has been going well!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Here is the back side of a 2014-2017 US radio. You can see that it's basically a 1-DIN radio with a rather large face to make it look like the "300 watt" audio flamethrower that they touted in their advertisements.

Name:  Rear.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  97.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Here is the back side of a 2014-2017 US radio. You can see that it's basically a 1-DIN radio with a rather large face to make it look like the "300 watt" audio flamethrower that they touted in their advertisements.

Name:  Rear.jpg
Views: 916
Size:  97.0 KB
    To be honest, I would rather have the 1-pin look & the extra cubby space. 2014-17 US radio probably gives the dash a more finished look & gave car critics one less thing to harp on? If I had the choice, I would have picked the one with the cubby space, but none of these things are deal breakers.

You can sort of tell it's a fake 2-pin look from the front even.