Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flooding in the US Gulf Coast States July 2019

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts

Flooding in the US Gulf Coast States July 2019

With recent forecasts calling for up to 18" or more in the New Orleans area this weekend and the Mississippi River cresting at 1 foot below catastrophic flooding levels we have a few members that are currently residing in the region.

First of all, stay safe everyone and don't drive into flooded roads or intersections. A car as light as the Mirage would not need much depth to be either swept away or stalled in water.

If our members in the area would like to post some pics of the flooding that would be great. After all this is The Lounge portion of the forum so why not!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-11-2019),MetroMPG (07-11-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    With recent forecasts calling for up to 18" or more in the New Orleans area this weekend and the Mississippi River cresting at 1 foot below catastrophic flooding levels we have a few members that are currently residing in the region.

First of all, stay safe everyone and don't drive into flooded roads or intersections. A car as light as the Mirage would not need much depth to be either swept away or stalled in water.

If our members in the area would like to post some pics of the flooding that would be great. After all this is The Lounge portion of the forum so why not!
    I really want to post some cuss words but I won’t. My parrents live in Holden, Louisiana. They had five inches of water in their house March of 2016 and a week after the repairs were complete they had another five feet of water in their house August of 2016. **** that ****!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I really want to post some cuss words but I won’t. My parrents live in Holden, Louisiana. They had five inches of water in their house March of 2016 and a week after the repairs were complete they had another five feet of water in their house August of 2016. **** that ****!
    From the sounds of things, the result of this new storm will really wreak havoc throughout the region. Hope things turn out for your parents.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    From the sounds of things, the result of this new storm will really wreak havoc throughout the region. Hope things turn out for your parents.
    **** that ****!

What the **** is steve talking about? Can't tell if you're happy or mad lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What the **** is steve talking about? Can't tell if
    you're happy or mad lol
    Sometimes I really get disgusted by the advertising on this site. Here we are talking about ****ing flooding and look what advertisement pops up!

Name:  2CF9CB3A-7DF2-4369-B77C-494412836491.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  79.7 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I get attractive women selling t-shirts. Hmmm, my browser history must be different than yours!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-11-2019)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I get attractive women selling t-shirts. Hmmm, my browser history must be different than yours!
    Of course you could adjust the preferences on your browser to clear history, cookies and any other site or other data when the browser closes. Done that, you could also clear complete history by simply closing and reopening the browser before changing to another site.

That not only messes up the business model of data-mongers, but also pisses off officially non-existing megaorganizations of certain rouge countries with their secret laws and secret courts that citizens of certain post-democratic western countries dare not name...

Sorry about the flooding, thats part of the increasing speed of the dynamics of climate change, and we're long over the point of no return...
    Last edited by foama; 07-11-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Sorry about the flooding, thats part of the increasing speed of the dynamics of climate change, and we're long over the point of no return...
    Pretty sure things have been flooding down there for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I remember seeing news stories about this kind of flooding when I was a child.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Pretty sure things have been flooding down there for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. I remember seeing news stories about this kind of flooding when I was a child.
    Yup, plenty of strange weather in past years here too. One horrible record broken after the other, and more freak weather events happening in one year than in the entire decade before. Really worrying is how serious freak weather has become, and the rapidly increasing frequency these events take place. Receeding coastlines are already normalty. Half of the Sullivan Islands are already under water and those climate-refugees had to give up their homes and live in other countries. What a bleak outlook.

Last edited by foama; 07-11-2019 at 09:52 AM.