Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: And people made fun of the Mirage's paint job...

Our white (non pearl) Mirages are faded pretty bad, especially when parked next to a 2012 spark. Spark shiny, Mirage dull almost matte looking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Is the pearlescent an option on all colors?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Is the pearlescent an option on all colors?
    Not sure. The early 15's came in regular white, the later 15's came in pearl, all the 17' up came in pearl only I believe. So to order a white Mirage you have to pay more. So we have 15's in regular and pearl white and all the 17' up are all the pearl. If that makes sense.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Our white (non pearl) Mirages are faded pretty bad, especially when parked next to a 2012 spark. Spark shiny, Mirage dull almost matte looking.
    That's interesting. Honestly my pearl paint has really held the test in time, so then I guess worth the $165 extra I paid for 'thunder grey pearl 'paint.

Obviously being a 5 and more year old car that's used almost every day, my Mirage has inevitable scratches and nicks, like any over 5 year old car that's actually driven.

I literally just had my Mirage serviced* at the local Ford dealer this morning, half the price of the Mitsubishi dealer, that is like 60 kms away. Mitsubishi ripped me off for 5 years.

Sat in a 1965 Mustang and a 2019 mustang convertible.

*oil change
    Last edited by dspace9; 07-12-2019 at 04:17 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I was in the dealer this morning. They had synthetic oil change advertised Starting at $95! What a bargain! They'd change a cabin air filter for $50. Can't blame them for making a buck but a lot of the service work they probably get is from scaring customers into thinking if they don't let the dealer do their service work their warranty will be revoked.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I was in the dealer this morning. They had synthetic oil change advertised Starting at $95! What a bargain!
    Thumbs down there, that is a rip off. I will take my Mitsubishi Mirage in for a tuneup at the Mitsubishi dealer, for obvious reasons they know Mitsubishi better,... but never oil changes. I paid less than $50 bucks at Ford for basic oil change and a few other things, and Mitsubishi was charging $110 for oil change plus service at Misubishi.

I had a 2017 Lancer sportback as a rental for a week and a bit in the winter, and my friend at work said it looked "pearl white" his words and we hadn't been talking about paint at all, just his observation. I don't think pearl paint is ever offered at all colours, unless you're getting custom paint obviously, or Ferrari and Jags new have a lot of factory colour options, even matte finished Mercedes I've seen.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Thumbs down there, that is a rip off. I will take my Mitsubishi Mirage in for a tuneup at the Mitsubishi dealer, for obvious reasons they know Mitsubishi better,... but never oil changes. I paid less than $50 bucks at Ford for basic oil change and a few other things, and Mitsubishi was charging $110 for oil change plus service at Misubishi.

I had a 2017 Lancer sportback as a rental for a week and a bit in the winter, and my friend at work said it looked "pearl white" his words and we hadn't been talking about paint at all, just his observation. I don't think pearl paint is ever offered at all colours, unless you're getting custom paint obviously, or Ferrari and Jags new have a lot of factory colour options, even matte finished Mercedes I've seen.
    You had me til " I will take my Mitsubishi Mirage in for a tuneup at the Mitsubishi dealer, for obvious reasons they know Mitsubishi better" lol In my experience I know them better than a Mitsubishi dealer, therefore everyone here will too. They couldn't diagnose a corroded connector problem even after they initially diagnosed it and relocated it. Then wanted to charge for a new etacs for over $1000. I'd trust a guy working from a tarp shed that only owns a hammer and a crescent wrench that I found on Craigslist before a Mitsu dealer.
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-12-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: If all you own is a hammer everything becomes a nail.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    You had me til " I will take my Mitsubishi Mirage in for a tuneup at the Mitsubishi dealer, for obvious reasons they know Mitsubishi better" lol
    The only problem with my local Ford dealer is they literally have Christian material in the show room. Not sure if that is normal but I heard they are different. Bibles in the showroom?

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    The only problem with my local Ford dealer is they literally have Christian material in the show room. Not sure if that is normal but I heard they are different. Bibles in the showroom?
    Thats odd.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thats odd.
    I thought it was odd. I don't really care though, whatever if they were pushing the Koran and they were half the price I would do it.