Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: And people made fun of the Mirage's paint job...

Country
    United States
    Thanks

And people made fun of the Mirage's paint job...

Looks like another chink in the vaunted Honda armor. 35k gets you bad paint? Yikes.

https://abc11.com/amp/society/honda-...-cars/5389370/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    "A representative from Honda did look at the problem, but Underwood said, 'First they blamed it on tree sap, and I know I'm particular with my cars, I don't let anything sit under no tree. Then they blamed it on bird droppings like I'm going to let bird poop sit all over my car. Then they wanted to blame it on the rain.'" --Buckly Underwood, unsatisfied Honda owner

I am surprised Honda hasn't just started slathering their cars with house paint. People are going to buy Hondas anyway and insist they are hand-forged by Japanese demigods high atop Mt. Fuji.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-12-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Looks like another chink in the vaunted Honda armor. 35k gets you bad paint? Yikes.

https://abc11.com/amp/society/honda-...-cars/5389370/
    Ah Honda. They make the Cadillac of lawnmowers.

The only option I have on my Mitsubishi Mirage is pearlescent grey paint. I have to say it hasn't disappointed.

The grey paint is SUPER shiny and reflective. Frequently I have noticed my Mirage looks like the shiniest, "richest" looking car in any parking lot.

Sure there are fancier cars with fancier paints, but I have never ceased to be amazed at the paint job on my Mirage.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Ah Honda. They make the Cadillac of lawnmowers.
    I gotta say, my Honda lawnmower has been great. I don't maintain it at all, and it starts on the first pull every spring. Best of all, the paint isn't peeling off!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I was thinking of the non-painted but just primered areas under the mirage hood, and how all the reviewers bagged on how cheap that was. Yet most car sites won't even mention this Honda paint defect story.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I gotta say, my Honda lawnmower has been great. I don't maintain it at all, and it starts on the first pull every spring. Best of all, the paint isn't peeling off!
    I bought one last year, too. Easiest starting mower I've ever owned. Not totally happy with how it cuts, though...maybe because its a Honda engine on a Toro deck

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I was thinking of the non-painted but just primered areas under the mirage hood, and how all the reviewers bagged on how cheap that was. Yet most car sites won't even mention this Honda paint defect story.
    I suspect Honda is paying them not to, though perhaps not directly. If you are a car reviewer it is unwise to bite the hand that feeds you. Honda really isn't making the grade of cars they were making 20 years ago, and have been floating on their reputation for quite a while. Professional reviewers are loathe to say it, but 'car guys' have known this for years.

Why bother building your cars better and backing your cars better if Americans are going to buy 10,000 of them a month anyway?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-12-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    For sure, I know what you mean about the cheapy, primered-only areas.

Looks cheaper still with a red car. With black and grey, you don't notice so much.

Honda makes a great car overall, just a dime a dozen so I find them boring. Superficial subjective take but I like to be unique.

I just have to say on a positive note that I have been impressed with my paint on my Mirage. It's got chips etc. now after 5+ years of driving, but has stood up well to Canadian winters.
    __
    I have an MTD lawnmower, the most basic of basic no power-assist push. That's been a good lil' machine, and I have a 1/4 acre, and I do it all with 165cc of push power lol. Keeps me trim!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought one last year, too. Easiest starting mower I've ever owned. Not totally happy with how it cuts, though...maybe because its a Honda engine on a Toro deck
    I bought my house about five years ago. The elderly lady selling it said, "I will give you everything in the garage for $100."

The Honda mower was one of the things in the garage, along with some Stihl power equipment, shelving, yard tools, work benches, etc.

I have to say, it was $100 well spent!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post

I have to say, it was $100 well spent!
    No doubt!