Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: And people made fun of the Mirage's paint job...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I was in the dealer this morning. They had synthetic oil change advertised Starting at $95! What a bargain! They'd change a cabin air filter for $50. Can't blame them for making a buck but a lot of the service work they probably get is from scaring customers into thinking if they don't let the dealer do their service work their warranty will be revoked.
    I was quoted $90 for an oil change on my Mirage at the dealership. That works out to about $30 a quart. Needless to say I took the two free oil changes I got with the car and they haven't touched the oil since.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I thought it was odd. I don't really care though, whatever if they were pushing the Koran and they were half the price I would do it.
    Maybe the Gideons are branching out? I've never been in a motel room that didn't have one of their bibles, so why not car dealerships? I think I'd rather read a bible than watch whatever daytime crap they have playing on the TV in the corner, and I'm not even a Christian.

About car paint, nothing survives more than a few years here in Arizona if it's left in the sun. If you see a car more than five years old with intact paint, it's either been kept in a garage, or re-painted. But three months is insane. I would be pissed, too.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Scratchpaddy For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-13-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scratchpaddy View Post
    Maybe the Gideons are branching out? I've never been in a motel room that didn't have one of their bibles, so why not car dealerships? I think I'd rather read a bible than watch whatever daytime crap they have playing on the TV in the corner, and I'm not even a Christian.

About car paint, nothing survives more than a few years here in Arizona if it's left in the sun. If you see a car more than five years old with intact paint, it's either been kept in a garage, or re-painted. But three months is insane. I would be pissed, too.
    Not sure, but I live in the Bible Belt of Ontario basically.

I have seen Hindu shrines and Buddhist shrines at stores, so it's basically the same concept. In Toronto and cities like New York and Detroit. Unusual though, especially for a Ford/Lincoln dealer.

I forgot about the Gideon bibles.

Hey I don't mind whatever as long as they're honest to every customer and know what they're doing with my car, and free coffee helps!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)