Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Car makes a weird wa wha wa wa whaaa when braking? Thoughts?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Front brakes are used more than back. I've only changed the rears on one car at 300k just cause they were noisy. Still had a bit of meat left on the rear shoes". They were just grooved. Like all the other ones I've checked.
    Ive never had a brake shop, flat out quit. Jesus what is going on with these back brake shoes? I guess Im just going to have to pay out the ass at the dealership to get these back drums fixed. Which is going to have to wait lol. I hope these front brakes keep me safe enough for another 4k miles. What a nightmare.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ive never had a brake shop, flat out quit. Jesus what is going on with these back brake shoes? I guess Im just going to have to pay out the ass at the dealership to get these back drums fixed. Which is going to have to wait lol. I hope these front brakes keep me safe enough for another 4k miles. What a nightmare.

Your rear brakes could last until you need front one again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-15-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The owner of the shop is personally driving to a Mitsubishi dealership now to match up parts at no cost difference to me. Im impressed with the customer service.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-15-2019)

Brakes are over rated anyways. I posted a pic somewhere around here of my back brakes on my old truck. Brake line broke heading out to camp at night. In the rain.... Ended up pinching the rubber line closed with some pliers and haywire.
    It happened again on my other truck a year later. Ended up unscrewing the line before the break and filling it with jb weld. That lasted a few weeks til I could find another line.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The owner of the shop is personally driving to a Mitsubishi dealership now to match up parts at no cost difference to me. Im impressed with the customer service.
    Comparing a 2017+ to your 2014, front brake pads seem to be the same part # even though rotors are different. We had this discussion before somewhere. Rear brake shoes are not listed the same @ rockauto.com, however.

It's sounds like they are trying. They probably don't want to say you didn't need rear brake shoes since they made an effort to change them out. Hope it works out today for you.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Comparing a 2017+ to your 2014, front brake pads seem to be the same part # even though rotors are different. We had this discussion before somewhere. Rear brake shoes are not listed the same @ rockauto.com, however.

It's sounds like they are trying. They probably don't want to say you didn't need rear brake shoes since they made an effort to change them out. Hope it works out today for you.
    Thank you Mark, yeah they showed me the drums. They were getting thin but considering the front brakes do the lion share of the work I should of just told them to do the front only and worry about the drums 5k miles later.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you Mark, yeah they showed me the drums. They were getting thin but considering the front brakes do the lion share of the work I should of just told them to do the front only and worry about the drums 5k miles later.
    Sounds like they are doing the best they can. If they stick with their quote, they are treating more than fair. If you had just dropped off the car, you may have gotten the same result without knowing how much hassle they had.

If they say you needed them, it will be nice to have it all done!!!!! Hope the Mitsubishi dealer has them.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sounds like they are doing the best they can. If they stick with their quote, they are treating more than fair. If you had just dropped off the car, you may have gotten the same result without knowing how much hassle they had.

If they say you needed them, it will be nice to have it all done!!!!! Hope the Mitsubishi dealer has them.
    The had them. Shop owner is honoring his original quote of $325 for two aftermarket front pads and resurfaced rotors and two OEM drums from the dealership.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-15-2019)

Wow. That's crazy! I wonder how much they're losing on that job?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow. That's crazy! I wonder how much they're losing on that job?
    probably couple hundred bucks. They really made these cars dealer reliant didnt they?