Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Torque converter missing bolt

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    How much wiggle room does the convertor have? Is it enough play that It would mess the flexplate up? The snout of the convertor butts up really close to the input shaft on the tranny side and it also sits comfy on the crank. I really didn't think it would be too bad, those bolts just spin the convertor not primarily to hold it on. I could be wrong just my input.

Attachment 15030You mean how much can the converter move in and out of the transmission without being bolted up to the flywheel? There is some play back and forth. I can't remember exactly how much on the Mirage. Maybe 1/2"? might be more or less, I forget stuff. If you can get here before Thursday I'll give you a bolt, homedepot should carry a m10x1.25 bolt. Probably too long. Just cut it down, and stick it in with some Attachment 15031

might have to grind the head down a little as well. Nothing that's not doable.

https://www.transmissionpartsusa.com...-000000b42.htm
    https://www.extremepsi.com/store/OEM...99-7-Bolt.html

I forgot to ask, did you get the broken bolt out?
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-15-2019 at 06:56 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

daleWV (07-15-2019)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yes I got the bolt out. The head snapped off.

If the dealer did the install I'd say the dealer owes you a loaner until they find you a bolt. If it were me I'd splurge the few dollars and buy a bolt. If you have something else to drive, I'd drive it instead. If you have to drive the car take it easy and beware of any new vibrations. I'd make something work. Re thread a standard bolt if you can't find one lol This now feels like kicking a dead horse. Who doesn't like doing that?

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)