Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dealership Experience Index

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Dealership Experience Index

I have noticed on this forum that we have a modifications and diy index, but no dealership experience index as far as I know. If I am wrong then this post can be locked or deleted. Of there isn't one yet, I would like to see one where we can discuss our buying or walking out experiences at the various dealers around the world. I would propose that someone starts a thread about the dealership they purchased their car from and the thread is linked to just like the DIYs and Parts index.

I will start with the 3 Mitsubishi dealerships I have interacted with personally to get the discussions going.

White Bear Lake Mitsubishi in white Bear Lake, MN:
    Overall excellent service the moment I walked through the door, every time. Service department was efficient and did their best to get me on the road after recall maintenance before I left town. The sales department and the associates worked with were very curteous even knowing that we may not be purchasing from them. They showed us the Outlander GT and let us test drive it with no pressure to buy. We did end up buying the Outlander GT, but from Gillman Mitsubishi just north of San Antonio, TX. I will start a thread for this dealership soon. A coiple of short notes tp follow here.

Gillman Mitsubishi: Great staff, could be a little difficult at times to get copies of records after the sale. I did purchase my Mirage from them less than a year after buying the Outlander GT.

The lowest of the low; West Loop Mitsubishi on the west side of 410 in San Antonio: extremely high pressure sales techniques paired with straight up liars for salesmen and finance officers. Avoid this dealership like the plague. Nothing good ever comes of visiting this dealership. This opinion/ observation is based off of more than 3 attempts to work with them due to how close they were to our house at the time. It was never worth my breath to talk to them. I was more than happy to sit in traffic for over an hour each trip to get to Gillman for any and all service visits. This includes simple oil changes.

Hopefully my ranting post can be of use for someone else.

Last edited by BecauseRaceCar; 07-15-2019 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling errors and auto complete issues due to typing this on a 40$ "smart phone".

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 38.6 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

I'd love to name the dealer e.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:13 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

BecauseRaceCar (07-15-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'd love to name the dealer I get stuck dealing with. But I still have to deal with them and wouldn't want to tarnish their good name. They do put out amazing workmanship and troubleshooting skills. Not to mention the helpful over the top amazing staff they employ in the service and parts department. Just kidding, none of that is true.

All I'll say is if you're on the "south side" of the big city in the Middle of Alberta go somewhere else. You'll likely have better work done by finding a passed out hobo near the bottle depot and have them pretend to fix your car with some rope and a rock. Probably a lot friendlier and less sarcastic too

I can't speak for the sales or management. I don't deal with them. So maybe this is a place to buy but have service and parts dealt with else where.
    Lolol! Too funny

Do they still do competitive drunk hobo knife fighting? It was a whole series and everything.

You would not b
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:13 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-16-2019),LetItMarinate (08-22-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I ended up using a bobcat to clean up that mess.
    Weren't you worried about making your bobcat sick? Veterinarians are expensive.

Name:  0itZt9Z.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  89.2 KB

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-16-2019),Fummins (07-16-2019),LetItMarinate (08-22-2019),Pryme (07-16-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    You would not believe the stuff we found after evicting some bums that were squating next to the building. Lots of pallets, tarps, clothes, makeup,dirty needles,condoms. And......A full blown life like sex doll. Not a blow up but a mannequin looking thing with the lady parts. For some reason the legs were tore off. Probably so it was easier to get around. They just get in the way anyways. I ended up using a bobcat to clean up that mess.
    You should see the downtown area hospital I did my clinicals at. Looks like the Walking Dead. Alot of those people were turned out from psychiatric care facilities and some brought it on themselves with despair. I tried to help a couple, but you were really have to have a sense of who needs care truly and the street predators.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You would not believe the stuff we found after evicting some bums that were squating next to the building. Lots of pallets, tarps, clothes, makeup,dirty needles,condoms. And......A full blown life like sex doll. Not a blow up but a mannequin looking thing with the lady parts. For some reason the legs were tore off. Probably so it was easier to get around. They just get in the way anyways. I ended up using a bobcat to clean up that mess.
    I'll send a postage paid box for said doll.......for a Halloween prop of course....ahhh um um um to put scary clothes on and stuff.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-16-2019),Fummins (07-16-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I'll send a postage paid box for said doll.......for a Halloween prop of course....ahhh um um um to put scary clothes on and stuff.
    The dealership that we got my fiancee's G4 just got closed down. There goes our free year of oil changes. Roswell, Mitsubishi. **** that dealership. They failed to disclose the engine had been replaced on the G4. Shifty cut throat b. a sreds.

[QUOTE=Cobrajet;90743]W
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 01:14 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    No, I left the bucket outside for a week in the hopes the rain would wash away some of the left over fluids.
    You should have thrown five or six gallons of bleach in there, too. Rain is a poor disinfectant.