Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Resetting Little Wrench after oil change

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Does anyone know how to reset (i.e. disappear) the little wrench on the trip computer?

The owner's manual directs me to "visit my local Mitsubishi dealer" - no thanks. There are a few threads on this topic on the Forum, but I haven't had success following these instructions.

I will keep trying and trying, but any help is appreciated.

I had my Mirage's oil changed at the local Ford dealer (60% cheaper than the Mitsu dealer) but they couldn't figure this part out.
    This thread will give you the info you need:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/3595

I have mine turned off completely on my Mirage and also my Outlander Sport.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-12-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Awwww, I was expecting scotty
    Scotty can't teach something simple in under a minute!
    Last edited by Mark; 07-17-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Does anyone know how to reset (i.e. disappear) the little wrench on the trip computer?

The owner's manual directs me to "visit my local Mitsubishi dealer" - no thanks. There are a few threads on this topic on the Forum, but I haven't had success following these instructions.

I will keep trying and trying, but any help is appreciated.

I had my Mirage's oil changed at the local Ford dealer (60% cheaper than the Mitsu dealer) but they couldn't figure this part out.
    Hello fellow Mirage forum folks, thanks to all in the thread to help me, I have successfully gotten rid of the little digital wrench on the dash!

Thanks again for your help, this isn't the hardest job but it is kind of a pain

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Hello fellow Mirage forum folks, thanks to all in the thread to help me, I have successfully gotten rid of the little digital wrench on the dash!

Thanks again for your help, this isn't the hardest job but it is kind of a pain
    I agree it's not a hard job, but it's not an intuitive thing either. Unless you reset little digital wrenches on Mirages for a living every day, it's easy to forget how it's done the next time it comes around. I like intuitive features on cars.

For example - If you have to pull out your owner's manual to reset your clock on your vehicle, it's way harder than it needs to be. Not sure how all the Mirages are set up, but I like the clock button my radio. Even I can figure out what that's for!!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-20-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I turned mine off immediately. One less thing to scroll through.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    The little wrench icon is annoying. Yes I have figured out how to turn the wrench off. But I find after a few days, it comes back on its own. Don't know if there is a way around it.

inuvik - not sure how you got your wrench to permanently disappear on your Mirage and Outlander. I used a video that was posted on youtube. I think the one on the old thread you posted there thanks again.

Myself I can only get the wrench thing to temporarily disappear on my Mirage for like 3 days.
    Last edited by dspace9; 07-27-2019 at 11:20 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    The little wrench icon is annoying. Yes I have figured out how to turn the wrench off. But I find after a few days, it comes back on its own. Don't know if there is a way around it.

inuvik - not sure how you got your wrench to permanently disappear on your Mirage and Outlander. I used a video that was posted on youtube. I think the one on the old thread you posted there thanks again.

Myself I can only get the wrench thing to temporarily disappear on my Mirage for like 3 days.
    The wrench icon shouldn't come back on once it has been reset. It sounds as if it's schedule has been changed. The service schedule can be changed or even turned off altogether from the MID button.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    The wrench icon shouldn't come back on once it has been reset. It sounds as if it's schedule has been changed. The service schedule can be changed or even turned off altogether from the MID button.
    Yea the schedule probably was changed. I wonder if I can get rid of the schedule all together.

I get my Mirage serviced at Ford now, and they just put a small service sticker on the windshield, based on the odometer for next oil change. The mechanics there had some trouble figuring out the service reminder computer as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    I wonder if I can get rid of the schedule all together.
    Yes, it can be turned off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Yes, it can be turned off.
    Care to elaborate?

I've gone up and down every thread on the topic.

I can make the wrench disappear yes, but I can't get it to disappear forever. Not sure you can. I think somehow you can reset to like 10,000 km service intervals. Eggman or anyone do you know the steps to this?

For people with this issue, check out the videos on youtube. Easiest to picture it that way. This one got mine to make the wrench disappear, just not completely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBfnBnQ_dc

Last edited by dspace9; 07-28-2019 at 09:48 PM.