Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resetting Little Wrench after oil change

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Resetting Little Wrench after oil change

Does anyone know how to reset (i.e. disappear) the little wrench on the trip computer?

The owner's manual directs me to "visit my local Mitsubishi dealer" - no thanks. There are a few threads on this topic on the Forum, but I haven't had success following these instructions.

I will keep trying and trying, but any help is appreciated.

I had my Mirage's oil changed at the local Ford dealer (60% cheaper than the Mitsu dealer) but they couldn't figure this part out.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

It took me a while, I always forget to reset them so I turned them all off. I'll look back and see if I can figure it out again. But from my bad memory, I think you click the trip button til you get to the distance til next change shows up with the wrench, then push and hold it til it flashes, then click til it says off? I might be totally wrong about that but it's worth a try. I'll try on the busted car I have on the hoist in a few.
    Or you can reset it with a scan tool. (not code reader)
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-17-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ignition off key in.

Press until you find your service minder. Hold reset for a second til it flashes. Quickly hit reset again.

Done. All there is to it. Wish my Jeep was that easy. Stupid gas pedal modulation steering wheel ****

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-17-2019),MetroMPG (08-12-2019)

I have all the cars I work on set to off. but now I can't figure out how to turn it back on now. I like it better that way.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Thanks Fummins, you know what, turning the whole thing off is a great idea. I'm tracking my next oil change via a sticker Ford stuck on the windshield anyways.

Thanks Nickels, I will give this a whirl. My friend said his Chevy Traverse is a pain similar to your Jeep. Might wait til the rain stops outside however! Thanks

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I have all the cars I work on set to off. but now I can't figure out how to turn it back on now. I like it better that way.
    Do you think the wrench will come on again, if there is a legit engine issue?

The wrench is just an oil change light basically. No it will never come on if the car has a problem. This has zero effect on the check engine or other warning lights.

All gm's I've reset the lights on are easy, turn key to run, press gas pedal 5-6 times, within a few seconds, light will flash then go out. Turn off key. Done. Or lots of them can be done scrolling through the menus but that takes longer.

EDIT: Turning off the wrench might make the cvt blow up. Forgot to mention that.
    Last edited by Fummins; 07-17-2019 at 05:41 PM.
    Mirage videos:

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-12-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    The wrench is just an oil change light basically. No it will never come on if the car has a problem. This has zero effect on the check engine or other warning lights.
    Right on.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Does anyone know how to reset (i.e. disappear) the little wrench on the trip computer?

The owner's manual directs me to "visit my local Mitsubishi dealer" - no thanks. There are a few threads on this topic on the Forum, but I haven't had success following these instructions.

I will keep trying and trying, but any help is appreciated.

I had my Mirage's oil changed at the local Ford dealer (60% cheaper than the Mitsu dealer) but they couldn't figure this part out.
    I done it a few times now, & I still forget in between times. I just look up this fine gentleman on youtube.com, & he reminds me in under a minute!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oBfnBnQ_dc

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-17-2019),Fummins (07-17-2019)

Awwww, I was expecting scotty

Mirage videos:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-12-2019)