Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Kilmer post killing the Mirage 2019

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Actually, if you listen to what he says, he anecdotally states Mitsubishi has always built cheaper cars, and then talks about an older Mitsubishi burning oil (2004 Accords and 2010 Prius do the same). Then the obligatory slam on 78 hp. But that's it. Where's the exact problem list and failures on the current Mirage, Scotty? Judging by this forum, there isn't much. I think some people just can't get past the size and hp.
    I've put about 4600 miles on in all sorts of driving conditions since I got my G4 on 8/14. Before that I had an interim Corolla for a few months, and then my Abarth for 6 years. With the Abarth having the turbo, even at the HP/TQ numbers it had, I felt I had to much power, more than really needed. I'd find myself wanting to use that power and turbo often, which often meant illegal or stupid driving. I'm a guy who loves to get the most for their money. In driving around in my MORE than adequate 78 HP G4, I've realized something. Mirage/G4 owners are essentially using ALL of the HP/TQ, where there are now family cars that are 200/300+ HP/TQ like Camry's now-how/when do you get to utilize all of that engine output SAFELY and LEGALLY?? You really don't. Sure, you can past faster, accelerate from the light fast, but that's it. Our cars are quick (to me), fun to drive, and I rarely finding myself wanting/needing more power, or feeling unsafe with 78 HP. And when I do need more power, I'm usually driving like an A-hole and it helps keep me in check when my G4 says "Uh uh, I'm done, ya got all 78." So, at the end of the day, the total use of the engine's output is just that much more of a value to me in my G4.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage G4 ES 1.2 automatic: 32.5 mpg (US) ... 13.8 km/L ... 7.2 L/100 km ... 39.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Go4th For This Useful Post:

inuvik (10-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    I've put about 4600 miles on in all sorts of driving conditions since I got my G4 on 8/14. Before that I had an interim Corolla for a few months, and then my Abarth for 6 years. With the Abarth having the turbo, even at the HP/TQ numbers it had, I felt I had to much power, more than really needed. I'd find myself wanting to use that power and turbo often, which often meant illegal or stupid driving. I'm a guy who loves to get the most for their money. In driving around in my MORE than adequate 78 HP G4, I've realized something. Mirage/G4 owners are essentially using ALL of the HP/TQ, where there are now family cars that are 200/300+ HP/TQ like Camry's now-how/when do you get to utilize all of that engine output SAFELY and LEGALLY?? You really don't. Sure, you can past faster, accelerate from the light fast, but that's it. Our cars are quick (to me), fun to drive, and I rarely finding myself wanting/needing more power, or feeling unsafe with 78 HP. And when I do need more power, I'm usually driving like an A-hole and it helps keep me in check when my G4 says "Uh uh, I'm done, ya got all 78." So, at the end of the day, the total use of the engine's output is just that much more of a value to me in my G4.
    We'll said.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    We'll said.

What will we say in the past tense?
    Sorry, Fummins is a bad influence! Dang that autocorrect!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Eggman (10-02-2019)

What will we say in the past tense?
    Sorry, Fummins is a bad influence! Dang that autocorrect!
    What'd I miss? Were you being intolerant
    Nevermind, just another revived old thread?

I like having some power. I think having barely enough get by isn't always enough. Pulling into traffic on a busy road, passing on single lane highways where you don't have miles of clear straight road. For the most part nobody "needs" more power but if you're like me and hate being stuck behind someone on a highway going under the speed limit for more than 10 mins, being able to pass quickly and safely is a nice feature to have. But I guess if you're still a kid who drives like a retard then maybe a Mirage is a good car, it's slow, rolls easily and crumples like a tin can when you get into a head on.
    Last edited by Fummins; 10-02-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    No issues passing or pulling out onto a busy road. Still dont get it.

I'm trying to argue here
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    What'd I miss? Were you being intolerant
    Nevermind, just another revived old thread.

Eggman meant "well said" but got auto corrected to "we'll". Just bustin' balls.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
    I agree with most everything you shared. I think the Mirage is a hoot to drive. I like the powertrain (1.2L & 5-speed manual) of the Mirage the most!

I can honestly say that I've owned three cars that had less horsepower than my Mirage. Yet, this is my first 3 cylinder car. My first car (1978 Honda Civic Wagon) had 63 hp. Likewise, the 1990 Ford Festiva that I drove for 14 years had 63 horsepower. We also owned/drove a 1989 Plymouth Colt Wagon DL (Mitsubishi) that had 75 hp for years. None of these cars every felt underpowered to me. They did what they were designed to do (provide affordable transportation).

If you can't make a 78 hp Mirage get up and go, you need to learn how to drive or shift. It's perfectly fine in my opinion. The A/C taps the power a bit, but I don't find the need to use A/C all that much. It does what a small economy car should do (affordable, reliable, & economical to own/drive).

I bought a Mirage because,
    5-speed manual (never owned anything else).
    4-door hatchback
    40-50 mpg
    skinny tires for winter roads
    $10,173.53 OTD & delivered to my driveway (sealed the deal)

I've owned my 2017 Mirage ES manual for almost 2 years, & I am near 29,000 miles. No regrets!

I found Mirage reviews done outside the U.S. to be the most helpful, & the Mirage also has more competition outside the States to compete against. This would be an example of where the car critic gets the purpose of this car -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kDNJVrEJ-8&t=76s

Doug DeMuro's review of the Mirage ("Worst Car You Can Buy") just showcases his stupidity & ignorance. He's not being helpful to American consumers that would benefit from owning a car like the Mirage.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-03-2019)

Eggman meant "well said" but got auto corrected to "we'll". Just bustin' balls.
    Wow, how'd I miss that? Had me a slow adult moment
    Mirage videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree with most everything you shared. I think the Mirage is a hoot to drive. I like the powertrain (1.2L & 5-speed manual) of the Mirage the most!

I can honestly say that I've owned three cars that had less horsepower than my Mirage. Yet, this is my first 3 cylinder car. My first car (1978 Honda Civic Wagon) had 63 hp. Likewise, the 1990 Ford Festiva that I drove for 14 years had 63 horsepower. We also owned/drove a 1989 Plymouth Colt Wagon DL (Mitsubishi) that had 75 hp for years. None of these cars every felt underpowered to me. They did what they were designed to do (provide affordable transportation).

If you can't make a 78 hp Mirage get up and go, you need to learn how to drive or shift. It's perfectly fine in my opinion. The A/C taps the power a bit, but I don't find the need to use A/C all that much. It does what a small economy car should do (affordable, reliable, & economical to own/drive).

I bought a Mirage because,
    5-speed manual (never owned anything else).
    4-door hatchback
    40-50 mpg
    skinny tires for winter roads
    $10,173.53 OTD & delivered to my driveway (sealed the deal)

I've owned my 2017 Mirage ES manual for almost 2 years, & I am near 29,000 miles. No regrets!

I found Mirage reviews done outside the U.S. to be the most helpful, & the Mirage also has more competition outside the States to compete against. This would be an example of where the car critic gets the purpose of this car -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kDNJVrEJ-8&t=76s

Doug DeMuro's review of the Mirage ("Worst Car You Can Buy") just showcases his stupidity & ignorance. He's not being helpful to American consumers that would benefit from owning a car like the Mirage.
    I agree doug is an idiot. He seems to compare everything to high end cars. I'll watch him once in a blue moon just to see some of the odd cars he does get to review.

I take my complaining about low power back. There are some times where more power is more better but for the most part is unnecessary. I had a super gutless 83' sj410 that I scabbed together an engine from 2 blown ones. It made 44hp new and I'm sure many of them were long gone. It was fun to drive(when it wasn't breaking down) and seemed like you were going twice as fast as you really were. Bump steer with manual steering was really fun too.

Mirage videos:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (10-03-2019)