Thread: 2019 Antenna???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

2019 Antenna???

Urgh...Just to clarify 2019 hatchbacks have an approximate 4" stubby antenna, right? I had a horrible delivery experience and assuming they didn't install it (I just have a hole on the base attached to the roof).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Mountains View Post
    Urgh...Just to clarify 2019 hatchbacks have an approximate 4" stubby antenna, right? I had a horrible delivery experience and assuming they didn't install it (I just have a hole on the base attached to the roof).
    Yes, wow they really were a horrible dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanks, I'll have to contact them (they are too far for a quick face-to-face). You can check out my Google review of the buying experience by searching 'Grand Blanc Mitsubishi'. Mine is the most recent 1 star.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The White Mountains View Post
    Thanks, I'll have to contact them (they are too far for a quick face-to-face). You can check out my Google review of the buying experience by searching 'Grand Blanc Mitsubishi'. Mine is the most recent 1 star.
    I searched cars.com. It's really hard to find a 2019 without an antenna. Even the ones I thought may be missing one had one when I went to another view of the car.

They should send someone to you (& install it), or at least mail it to you!

The lack of Mitsubishi dealerships is bad enough, & the lack of good ones is a serious obstacle to overcome in this country. Mitsubishi has decent products, but this other stuff gives them a black eye!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I emailed and voicemailed the salesperson. Hopefully, he contacts me back and says he'll mail it. It just threads in.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oddly enough the salesperson just responded to my email. He explained that the antenna will be shipped to me tomorrow (now I just need the all weather mats I was already charged for but not given).

Yeah all the one's I've googled had an antenna just like the older ones at the back of the roof. Unfortunately they'll probably try to say it was like on there when you picked it up and someone musta stolen it.... Worth a try though. If they say no just take one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    When a friend of mine bought his '15 Mirage new I was there at the dealership with him. I noticed before he signed the papers that his antenna was also missing.

I mentioned it to the sales guy. He ran right out into the parking lot and took an antenna off of another Mirage!

Attachment 15143Attachment 15144I just had another 19' show up. This one was even less ready to sell than the previous ones I was whining about. The antenna is in the glove box along with the little cover for the front tow hook. Hubcaps and floormats still in bags in the back. They didn't even take the plastic film off the front wheels and drove it 300km on the highway like that. That wrap might be a good aero mod for some of you! Seal up that hood gap, door to fender, grille openings etc....????
    Last edited by Fummins; 08-01-2019 at 01:56 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I guess I should have updated. The service manager had my antenna and had the salesperson I worked with ship it to me via UPS (got it after 6 days of ownership). Horrible dealership experience (Grand Blanc Mitsubishi, MI).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to The White Mountains For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-01-2019)