Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dear Thailand owners... Whose is this?! (Mirage turbo 1.2L, 0.5 bar/7 PSI, w/video)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PUDG3 View Post
    I'm sure more than 35hp can be gained from a turbo. Did they say what size they are using? Hopefully it's not too small.
    Anything smaller than TD03 or equivalent will be a waste in the high rpms
    I think they are trying to play it safe and keep from people having to build up internals. Keep it small with good boost characteristics will keep the engine somewhat happy. Its pretty simple with the Crs in the Mirage being as high as they are you wont be able to push much boost as it is without popping a HG. Heck mitsu even has small turbos in its mhi arsenal that would be perfect for the little beast. Max out around 8# boost give it a little pep cause lets be honest with as light as it is and the largest rim being able to fit well being 6.5" wide, youll be spinning tires with even that small amount.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I'm sure more than 35hp can be gained from a turbo. Did they say what size they are using? Hopefully it's not too small.
    Anything smaller than TD03 or equivalent will be a waste in the high rpms
    This shows how little you understand the little 3 cylinder engine under the Mirage's hood. an additional 35hp is already a 45+percent over stock hp. Do any more than that and I'm sure the results would be catastrophic.

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Donggie View Post
    This shows how little you understand the little 3 cylinder engine under the Mirage's hood. an additional 35hp is already a 45+percent over stock hp. Do any more than that and I'm sure the results would be catastrophic.
    Well its a Mitsubishi motor so it'll probably suprise you on the limits it'll be able to handle but 8psi sounds like a good start and watch it on the dyno and push it up to 15psi'ish if you have the a good tuner and a solid set of balls. Still waiting to see how were gonna be able to tune this thing though. I'm really hopping for open source but we shall see. If I was looking at piggy backs though... I would look into the AEM FIC as its cheap, easy, and it has a lot of stand alone features that make it a step above the rest.

Here one day in the near future ill be able to get one of my own but we've had a couple of fires at work and can't go making any big plans at the moment.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    Well its a Mitsubishi motor so it'll probably suprise you on the limits it'll be able to handle but 8psi sounds like a good start and watch it on the dyno and push it up to 15psi'ish if you have the a good tuner and a solid set of balls. Still waiting to see how were gonna be able to tune this thing though. I'm really hopping for open source but we shall see. If I was looking at piggy backs though... I would look into the AEM FIC as its cheap, easy, and it has a lot of stand alone features that make it a step above the rest.

Here one day in the near future ill be able to get one of my own but we've had a couple of fires at work and can't go making any big plans at the moment.
    We just need to get us a few hackers like with the evo ecu and get them to crack it open but considering how unpopular this car is I doubt it will happen. Piggyback/megasquirt may be our only options.

Pop Green Plus
    Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Unpopular? They are selling quite well here in Australia. I see tons everyday on the road!

If someone does manage to crack the ECU to be Flashed, it will be so awesome
    Last edited by PUDG3; 02-05-2014 at 11:30 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage LS Pop Green Plus Pack 1.2 manual: 43.7 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Unpopular? They are selling quite well here in Australia. I see tons everyday on the road!

If someone does manage to crack the ECU to be Flashed, it will be so awesome
    Unpopular to make power on. Its no evo or sti. It will have a very small following in the aftermarket.
    If its not worth it to mass produce the r&d won't be there if were lucky the ecu will be close to something more popular and the software will be able to cross over if not I doubt we will have anything more than a do it yourself kit or a piggyback.

Unpopular? They are selling quite well here in Australia
    It's strange how much more popular per capita the car is in Oz: 7884 sold in 2013 up to the end of November. That's probably not going to be too much less than the US sales for an equivalent period. Yet there are 23 million people in Australia vs. 314 million in the US!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Mitsubishi Technician live4redline's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It all depends. We have open source tuning for the i-miev to its just a toss up if we can get the right person interested in the mirage to translate the roms. I had planned to push hardin this efforts but seeing how I have been unabble to buy mine yet, its kind of hard.
    Daily: 2017 Mirage G4 SE - Not Boosted Yet!

Current Project: Working on legitimate Mirage Tuning

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by live4redline View Post
    It all depends. We have open source tuning for the i-miev to its just a toss up if we can get the right person interested in the mirage to translate the roms. I had planned to push hardin this efforts but seeing how I have been unabble to buy mine yet, its kind of hard.
    That's basically what im saying. If you can get someone interested it may happen. Im just not holding my breath. I'd probably just tune it for better mpgs anyways. If I get more power as well that's cool by me.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Nice

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)