Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hyundai takes aim at Mirage

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    As far as Hyundai taking aim at Mitsubishi, Hyundai sold 677,946 vehicles in the U.S. in 2018.

If you combined Hyundai/KIA sales, they are on the heals of passing Nissan. Hyundai alone was 8th behind Subaru (7th). KIA was 9th.

I don't see Hyundai taking aim @ 16th place Mitsubishi (excited about passing 100,000 sales last year) with their new Accent. Hyundai/KIA are trying to compete with Toyota & Honda.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    As far as Hyundai taking aim at Mitsubishi, Hyundai sold 677,946 vehicles in the U.S. in 2018.

If you combined Hyundai/KIA sales, they are on the heals of passing Nissan. Hyundai alone was 8th behind Subaru (7th). KIA was 9th.

I don't see Hyundai taking aim @ 16th place Mitsubishi (excited about passing 100,000 sales last year) with their new Accent. Hyundai/KIA are trying to compete with Toyota & Honda.

As stated earlier, the thread title was intentionally a little hyperbolic to draw attention; judging by the discussion I think it succeeded! Also, it was "takes aim at Mirage", not Mitsubishi. For several years, Mirage was billed as "best non-hybrid mpg" sold in U.S. Others (including Hyundai) are closing that gap or surpassing it. It wouldn't hurt Mitsubishi to find a way to add a few more MPG to the Mirage. Its what the car excels at, and what most appreciate it for.
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 07-30-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    It wouldn't hurt Mitsubishi to find a way to add a few more MPG to the Mirage. Its what the car excels at, and what most appreciate it for.
    But at what cost? As it is, I appreciate how the Mirage is both affordable to purchase and affordable to operate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    But at what cost? As it is, I appreciate how the Mirage is both affordable to purchase and affordable to operate.

No doubt its good at what it does and its low cost to operate. I'm not an engineer or a bean counter, so I can't speak to cost. But I have had some marketing, and it would not hurt Mitsubishi to have that as a selling point and to help drive interest. Look at their website: the 3 big things they tout are fuel efficiency, warranty and touchscreen connectivity.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Here's the gas mileage for our '18 HYUNDAI Accent SE with a 6 speed auto . Very pleased . Go to these for details . ( Click emblem to view fills ) and https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threa...d-auto.651041/ .

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cinder For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Here's the gas mileage for our '18 HYUNDAI Accent SE with a 6 speed auto . Very pleased . Go to these for details . ( Click emblem to view fills ) and https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threa...d-auto.651041/ .
    I'll trade you fuel economy?

Last edited by Fummins; 08-01-2019 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Duh, just realised my fuelly crap already shows up in my sig.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)