Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Go baby go.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Actually, outside of the western hemisphere, the same Micra that we get in Canada was sold with a choice of two 1.2L 3-cylinder engines, one naturally aspirated, the other supercharged.

It's just on this side of the pond we get the race car Micra with the giant 1.6L engine . (There is actually a factory-supported Micra race series in Canada).
    The European Micra offerings would have been of interest to me, but the Micra offered in Canada isn't all that different from the Versa Note. I didn't care enough about that car to even visit a Nissan dealership. The Versa Note mpg ratings aren't terrible, however.

True. The Canadian market Micra is mechanically identical (or extremely close) to the Versa Note and the Versa sedan.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yup. One of the slowest on the market in its segment, yet one of the worst fuel ratings.

But, chuck it at a corner and not much of that matter anymore. And I mean, it's slow for a compact, but zippy for a SUBcompact, which is more where its priced and yeah, what it actually is. Slower but tighter than a Fit, slower but tighter than a Yaris...

It's just an odd car that I'm still not certain I'm happy I purchased. But, I'm not unhappy. It just needs a bit of time in a shop to tweak it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    It's just an odd car that I'm still not certain I'm happy I purchased. But, I'm not unhappy. It just needs a bit of time in a shop to tweak it.
    If you are not certain you are happy you purchased it, why throw more money at it? I can think of hundreds of other uses for it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)