Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canadian and I've turned my mirage into a 2 seat station wagon

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Canadian and I've turned my mirage into a 2 seat station wagon

New mirage owner, 7k in two months on a 2019, loving the car. Pulled the rear seats and put a sliding deck in the back for sleeping on long distance trips. Added a hitch then attached a removable box for extra cargo.This is my road trip camp car. I hope to get every mile of the warranty out of it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutpantz For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (08-02-2019),MetroMPG (08-03-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nutpantz View Post
    New mirage owner, 7k in two months on a 2019, loving the car. Pulled the rear seats and put a sliding deck in the back for sleeping on long distance trips. Added a hitch then attached a removable box for extra cargo.This is my road trip camp car. I hope to get every mile of the warranty out of it.
    Hi nutpantz, looking forward to seeing photos of this 2 seater Mirage! I utilize my own Mirage hatchback's 60/40 rear folding seats. Handy for lugging things around.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Hey nutpantz, I'd like to see pics of your setup too. I want some ideas for a quading trip I'm taking without the family.I'd rather just sleep in my truck than tow my 30' toilet on wheels 4 1/2 hrs each way.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Welcome, nutpantz! What part of the country are you in?

We need pics of your Mirage. Sounds interesting.

I've toyed with the idea of converting a Firefly/Metro into a micro-camper... but I do not need another hobby!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thinking about doing the exact same thing. Looking for pictures to get some ideas!

Any chance for some pics of your Mirage conversion, nutpantz?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm going to clean out my car and vacuum soon, I'll take pictures of the set up as it is now then, with a description of what I did and why.

You're a better man than I. I can't consistently drink enough beer to make me want to sleep in my vehicle again while camping. After sleeping on a crib mattress in the back of my truck for 3 nights and taking a dumps in the rain leaning up against a tree, I decided I'll splurge the extra $100-150 and drag my trailer out next time so I can sleep in a bed and poop on a toilet with walls.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I can't leave my seats out all the time but this would save a LOT of money on road trips if I could setup some type of air mattress with the seats out. Would love to see pics when you get a chance.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You're a better man than I. I can't consistently drink enough beer to make me want to sleep in my vehicle again while camping. After sleeping on a crib mattress in the back of my truck for 3 nights and taking a dumps in the rain leaning up against a tree, I decided I'll splurge the extra $100-150 and drag my trailer out next time so I can sleep in a bed and poop on a toilet with walls.
    You took a sh#t against a tree in a rainstorm. I cant think of anything more Canadian than that, well besides a full denim outfit (shirt, jeans, jacket). lol I salute you Fummins. Rock on.