Views: 403
Size:  81.3 KBName:  Screenshot_20190725-103655.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  82.1 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Some things you don't want to go cheap on. Electronic parts like MAF sensors - you may want to go OEM. Brake components - you don't want to cheap out on them.

Radiators is the one item that I have heard mechanics say cheap Chinese radiators are ok to use. I can't vouch for the one you are showing, but it's not a huge investment to try it out.

A Mirage radiator from Auto Zone is about $170 with a limited lifetime warranty. I thought that was a bit high. I checked Advanced Auto Parts and their prices are $206 & $252 for 1 year replacement if defective. For all we know, these radiators may be coming from the same source.

If my local Auto Zone had one for under $100, I would buy it from them. If it's crap, it's easy to return. Given they are much more expensive, I would give the cheap one you have listed a try. If it works great, you have save yourself a chunk of money. If not, you can still make an effort to return it. The cheap one you listed claims a lifetime warranty.

I hope someone will say they have used this, & it is fine. That may not happen, but you may become that person for someone else!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Some things you don't want to go cheap on. Electronic parts like MAF sensors - you may want to go OEM. Brake components - you don't want to cheap out on them.

Radiators is the one item that I have heard mechanics say cheap Chinese radiators are ok to use. I can't vouch for the one you are showing, but it's not a huge investment to try it out.

A Mirage radiator from Auto Zone is about $170 with a limited lifetime warranty. I thought that was a bit high. I checked Advanced Auto Parts and their prices are $206 & $252 for 1 year replacement if defective. For all we know, these radiators may be coming from the same source.

If my local Auto Zone had one for under $100, I would buy it from them. If it's crap, it's easy to return. Given they are much more expensive, I would give the cheap one you have listed a try. If it works great, you have save yourself a chunk of money. If not, you can still make an effort to return it. The cheap one you listed claims a lifetime warranty.

I hope someone will say they have used this, & it is fine. That may not happen, but you may become that person for someone else!
    nobody wants to go cheap for electronic parts and most people knows that it might start a fire once it goes defective...now regarding the radiator...i just noticed that my car starts to overheat and it is starting to leak coolant @90000 miles..debris from freeway might caused it and i didnt noticed it until this morning on my way to work..i would rather replace the whole radiator and hoses with a brand new one if i can get one for less than a $100...we all know that most products are made in china and its just a matter of looking which one is made in china are better than the other ones that are made in china...and yes, most mechanic installs cheap parts if you tell them that youre tight budget and they usually tells you that it is a good buy if you dont know anything...if this one works then it is fine with me for as long as the seller honors the lifetime warranty...i guess i'll be the guinea pig for this one and give it a try...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I would double check all your hose clamps. I've seen where they loosen up with other cars.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I would double check all your hose clamps. I've seen where they loosen up with other cars.
    i will try that this weekend and see if theres more damage..thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    For 38.00 I would absolutely try that.