Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upside down Mirage photo

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It looked like an Australian import until I saw the plates. At least no serious injuries.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.8 mpg (US) ... 18.6 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Just for clarification - I wasn't bashing station wagons in the least. My first car was Honda Civic Wagon (college days). We drove a Plymouth Colt station wagon for years when my daughters were young. If the Mirage (same powertrain) came in a small station wagon form, I would be driving one now. Small wagon are so practical & useful!

If a person doesn't really need AWD, the 5-speed Outlander Sport is a great option! AWD just adds more costs, maintenance, & less fuel economy. A couple of you on this forum have gone out & bought these before they drop the manual option. I don't blame you!
    The CVT Outlander Sport felt good too. They let me test drive all the Mitsu models, including a 2015 Lancer at my dealership.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    A minor car flipped made the paper in that town? You pretty much have to cause a multicar pile up that kills 20 people before they write about it in the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Or be a homeless guy that caused a fire underneath a bridge on I85, that collapsed it. Which really happened.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    I wonder if the car pictured is a service loaner? It's got dealer graphics on the back window. If so... a bit of "rental car syndrome" coupled with "my car goes around this corner at this speed every day".
    I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I saw the picture. I'd bet a dollar (Canadian or American, your choice) that this car isn't even hers.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    I think that's Nanaimo Mitsubishi. They don't have many favorable reviews on Yelp.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    On the bright side, all you have to do is load that pic from a smartphone onto this forum and it will be right side up for your viewing pleasure lmao.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-29-2019),grevster (08-31-2019)

I thought you're supposed to take corners too fast and on 2 wheels in BC? Can't fault the car or the tires. If you try hard enough you can roll anything.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A couple of you on this forum have gone out & bought these before they drop the manual option. I don't blame you!
    Like me! I really like mine but I miss the fuel economy of the Mirage.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just saw this on Instagram..
    Name:  nu8b84ua08i21.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  58.3 KB

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jim63 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-30-2019),Fummins (08-30-2019),inuvik (08-30-2019),MetroMPG (08-30-2019),Pryme (08-30-2019),Top_Fuel (08-30-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    For those who tend to overlook things sometimes, read the spare tire cover! Funny in that way!

Thankfully, it looks like the roll bar did its job!

Then again roll bars have killed people when not wearing your seatbelt. I don't remember much from from high school, but I do remember one story by my driving instructor. He would help local law enforcement investigate accidents. He witnessed a person cut in half by a roll bar rolling over the top of their body. Wearing a seatbelt would have prevented that. I still think of that story while buckling up to this day.