Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your dealer/Mitsubishi give you a loaner car for warranty repairs?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    I live in ontario canada. It looks like my transmission is toast on my 2014 mirage se cvt. My car is not drivable and will be in service at least a week. This is my second mitsubishi that I have experienced no loaner car with a long repair where the car is not drivable. What has your experience been? I understand with the Diamond care warranty plan they cover rental cars but I only have the regular warranty and I am the original owner.
    If you could tell me the cost and if you had the pre 04/01/14 cvt model, that would be a great help friend.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im not trying to be rude but I understood none of that. Can someone explain it too me Im not a gearhead. What is all this driver side, vibration, etc business? How much is the work going to cost? Please elaborate.

Where the passenger side axle fits into the transmission, he's saying there was too much play or looseness. There really shouldn't be much, as with continued use it will get worse and worse until eventually the transmission can't turn that shaft. Sounds like his was loose enough to be causing vibrations. With both front wheels off the ground, you could check your own as he described. Note: the output shaft bearing is a different bearing than the one Fummins thinks is the CVT killer. I don't think we've heard this particular complaint on here before. Hope that helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-27-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thank you man. Im just worried because I just started Ubering on the side, and really need the side gig $ for my family. I need this car to be able to handle ride sharing badly.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Im embarassed to admit, Im one of those types of folks that has a car but cant truly afford to. If something catastrophic happened to it. Hence my constant hand wringing about the CVT. At first reading about how reliable this CVT is with this lil car I started to feel better about it. Then this poor guy with 2 failed trannys @ 45k. Im back to not sleeping.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    He said 2nd mitsubishi with no loaner car, not 2nd transmission problem. Deep breath, buddy.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-28-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Sorry with the schvitzing. Im over it. Im going to Uber the f@#k out of this ride and be done with it. 125k miles or bust. To hell with it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk, sent you a private message. Check your inbox.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sorry with the schvitzing. Im over it. Im going to Uber the f@#k out of this ride and be done with it. 125k miles or bust. To hell with it.
    If you search the forum for "Uber" you will find several members on here that have used it for Ubering for years.

Just remember when you are in reverse to press brake and let the car come to a full stop before you change to D and move forward.
    2015 Mirage DE 5 speed Manual - 30k miles

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 44.9 mpg (US) ... 19.1 km/L ... 5.2 L/100 km ... 53.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fc321 View Post
    If you search the forum for "Uber" you will find several members on here that have used it for Ubering for years.

Just remember when you are in reverse to press brake and let the car come to a full stop before you change to D and move forward.
    Thank you for that. Ill do it. Is it ok to switch from D to B while not fully stopped?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Thank you for that. Ill do it. Is it ok to switch from D to B while not fully stopped?
    You can downshift into "B" whenever you want. I've downshifted into "B" at 70mph. It revved up to around 5000rpm's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post: