Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your dealer/Mitsubishi give you a loaner car for warranty repairs?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    You can downshift into "B" whenever you want. I've downshifted into "B" at 70mph. It revved up to around 5000rpm's.
    What from B to D while moving?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    What from B to D while moving?
    Both, take off in B and stick your foot into it and then upshift at 50mph in D without letting up on the throttle. I downshift from D to B at 60mph all the time to provide some engine braking which surprising enough can be pretty effective. It's a two speed CVT, downshift, upshift. I do them both all the time. I take off from every stop (yes, every stop) in B and manually upshift into D about 30 driving normally. Doesn't hurt my mpg's.
    Last edited by inuvik; 07-28-2019 at 06:26 PM. Reason: additional info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Both, take off in B and stick your foot into it and then upshift at 50mph in D without letting up on the throttle. I downshift from D to B at 60mph all the time to provide some engine braking which surprising enough can be pretty effective. It's a two speed CVT, downshift, upshift. I do them both all the time. I take off from every stop (yes, every stop) in B and manually upshift into D about 30 driving normally. Doesn't hurt my mpg's.
    Ive been doing it a much slower speeds, under 15 mph sometimes. Is that bad?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ive been doing it a much slower speeds, under 15 mph sometimes. Is that bad?
    Nope and back to the thread.

I can’t say if my dealer does because there isn’t one closer than a 5 hr drive each way. The dealer I bought my Mirage from is no longer there and the dealer I bought my Outlander Sport from is a almost 1000 mile round trip. Don’t plan on going back, not due to bad experience, they were great but due to a 20 hr round trip driving time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    I live in ontario canada. It looks like my transmission is toast on my 2014 mirage se cvt. My car is not drivable and will be in service at least a week. This is my second mitsubishi that I have experienced no loaner car with a long repair where the car is not drivable. What has your experience been? I understand with the Diamond care warranty plan they cover rental cars but I only have the regular warranty and I am the original owner.
    That sucks. We had one get replaced around the same mileage that just made a whining noise. Didn't look into the cause though. It did take a while for Mitsubishi to decide to even warranty it. Look up the warranty handbook and see if it covers a loaner or rental. Mitsubishi has never offered us a loaner that I know of. Chevy dealers have though and were way easier to deal with for warranty work. Didn't even ask for service records.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Update :

They had to wait to get a new wheel bearing on order and then replaced it and said it was all fixed. Then I drove it home and no it wasn't and called them back and had to take the car back to the dealer and go for a ride with the mechanic. Then mechanic agreed that the transmission is bad. He said now he has to go through all the steps that Mitsubishi requires and until they determine what to do about it. So I get my car back Thursday not fixed and they tell me they will not have an answer until at least next Tuesday because of the long weekend. I asked about and loaner car and they said no. It's a long weekend here and there are no rental vehicles available... all sold out. This may take weeks especially if there are no transmissions in stock and they have to wait for one to come from overseas or Japan. This is the last Mitsubishi I will ever buy. Their warranty is useless... I will pay as much in car rental fees as the cost of the repairs. I brought my car in on Tuesday July 23rd. And right now I have no car to drive and can't get one. I brought the car in last year and told them they output shaft bearing was worn... the dealer sent the specs to Mitsubishi and they said it was within spec but won't tell you or the dealer what the spec was. Mitsubishi is garbage !!!
    Last edited by obrother; 08-02-2019 at 06:35 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obrother For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-03-2019),dspace9 (08-02-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I live in ontario canada. It looks like my transmission is toast on my 2014 mirage se cvt. My car is not drivable and will be in service at least a week. This is my second mitsubishi that I have experienced no loaner car with a long repair where the car is not drivable. What has your experience been? I understand with the Diamond care warranty plan they cover rental cars but I only have the regular warranty and I am the original owner.
    I live in Ontario too. Yes my dealer gives out loaners for longer-service jobs for my Mirage. I had a Mitsubishi RVR for 3 days, and a Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback for a week.

I had a bit of a disagreement with the dealer over the warranty covering a replacement starter, and it got a bit ugly, so I don't go there anymore. I have my Mirage serviced at my local Ford dealer. Way more convenient and less than half the price of the dealership.

And I think the Mitsu dealer was overfilling my oil anyways.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I live in Ontario too. Yes my dealer gives out loaners for longer-service jobs for my Mirage. I had a Mitsubishi RVR for 3 days, and a Mitsubishi Lancer Sportback for a week.

I had a bit of a disagreement with the dealer over the warranty covering a replacement starter, and it got a bit ugly, so I don't go there anymore. I have my Mirage serviced at my local Ford dealer. Way more convenient and less than half the price of the dealership.

And I think the Mitsu dealer was overfilling my oil anyways.

When I brought my car in with a tow truck and told the service advisor that the transmission needed to replaced... he told me I needed to get my cvt's oil changed!!! When I go to mymitsubishi.ca and lookup the manufacturer's required service there is nothing listed for the cvt... ever. Even if you bought a brand new car from Mitsubishi for $10,000... you still paid way too much !!!
    Last edited by obrother; 08-02-2019 at 07:25 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to obrother For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-03-2019),dspace9 (08-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Update :

They had to wait to get a new wheel bearing on order and then replaced it and said it was all fixed. Then I drove it home and no it wasn't and called them back and had to take the car back to the dealer and go for a ride with the mechanic. Then mechanic agreed that the transmission is bad. He said now he has to go through all the steps that Mitsubishi requires and until they determine what to do about it. So I get my car back Thursday not fixed and they tell me they will not have an answer until at least next Tuesday because of the long weekend. I asked about and loaner car and they said no. It's a long weekend here and there are no rental vehicles available... all sold out. This may take weeks especially if there are no transmissions in stock and they have to wait for one to come from overseas or Japan. This is the last Mitsubishi I will ever buy. Their warranty is useless... I will pay as much in car rental fees as the cost of the repairs. I brought my car in on Tuesday July 23rd. And right now I have no car to drive and can't get one. I brought the car in last year and told them they output shaft bearing was worn... the dealer sent the specs to Mitsubishi and they said it was within spec but won't tell you or the dealer what the spec was. Mitsubishi is garbage !!!
    You picked a good place to vent!
    It's lame that the CVT went out @ 70,000 km (43,500 mi).
    Now, they wasted time on a wheel bearing.
    Not proving a loaner while you are waiting for repair is sad, especially since they didn't fix your car the first time.

You are sort of under their mercy while getting it fixed under warranty. I don't blame you for being upset!

I know you asked this question originally, but I wonder if this is standard practice (no loaner) with most Mitsubishi dealerships?

If I were in your shoes, I would get it fixed and sell/trade it before the warranty is up. My money would go elsewhere.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You picked a good place to vent!
    It's lame that the CVT went out @ 70,000 km (43,500 mi).
    Now, they wasted time on a wheel bearing.
    Not proving a loaner while you are waiting for repair is sad, especially since they didn't fix your car the first time.

You are sort of under their mercy while getting it fixed under warranty. I don't blame you for being upset!

I know you asked this question originally, but I wonder if this is standard practice (no loaner) with most Mitsubishi dealerships?

If I were in your shoes, I would get it fixed and sell/trade it before the warranty is up. My money would go elsewhere.

Now the 64 dollar question is: is this an outlier or the norm with Mitsubishi?