Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Does your dealer/Mitsubishi give you a loaner car for warranty repairs?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Biggers Mitsubishi in Elgin gave me an Eclipse Cross as a loaner while they waited for and installed a new rear axle into my old Mirage. Loaner cars are, I believe, 100% dependent on the dealer itself. I don't know of any car company that foots the bill for the loaners.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-07-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I can't remember exactly how many. I have to take my shoes off again. It's 50 ish. I just replaced the 4th one. So 3 15's and one 17'. The first 2 had 300 and 2xx k kms this latest one had 133k km and I assume it's never been maintained. The 17' just made a noise and was covered under warranty. So yeah not too bad. There are a bunch over 200k kms still running fine. For now. If you beat the crap out of them and never change the oil I wouldn't expect them to last forever.

I'll tear this latest one apart and see what's going on inside. This one still drove but we caught it early before it died altogether. Might be able to save it by replacing the input shaft if the valve body and other junk isn't too contaminated with smooh.
    I gotta tell ya, Im very disappointed in Mitsubishi never even bothering to reply to me in regards to all that data you've documented over the years. I guess they only care what their hack technicians report to them? I mean jesus, a thank you that I could of forwarded to you would of been decent. Unbelievable.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Biggers Mitsubishi in Elgin gave me an Eclipse Cross as a loaner while they waited for and installed a new rear axle into my old Mirage. Loaner cars are, I believe, 100% dependent on the dealer itself. I don't know of any car company that foots the bill for the loaners.
    You didn't buy your Mirage from Biggers either. I feel Biggers treated you pretty well, especially since your purchasing dealer was dropping the ball on you!

Failed oil consumption test/class action lawsuit - In regards to that issue with my Subaru, the dealership provided me a loaner 3 times (1 afternoon, 6-weeks, & 5-weeks). The loaner was a vehicle under 5,000 miles all 3 times, & there was no charge.

Are class action lawsuits treated differently than warranty/recall work? That I do not know?

The amount of time my vehicle sat in their parking lot was lame, but I did have loaner vehicle.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Update :

The dealer just called... they said Mitsubishi head office told them to replace the other wheel bearing and see what that does. The wheel bearing is on order and coming on Tuesday. So that will make it 3 weeks they've had my car and I'm sure that the bearing won't change a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    Update :

The dealer just called... they said Mitsubishi head office told them to replace the other wheel bearing and see what that does. The wheel bearing is on order and coming on Tuesday. So that will make it 3 weeks they've had my car and I'm sure that the bearing won't change a thing.
    I'm just curious as to how much play you and your mechanic think is too much? I just checked a car and it has slop on both sides of the transmission. If it was bad I'd assume it would have taken out the seal by now since it's been loose since last year?

Has the noise gotten worse all the sudden? I've had more wheel bearings make noise than cvt's in these cars. But it doesn't sound like the dealer techs are very bright so... Does the noise you hear change as the car shifts by chance? What speed does it do it? Does it go away when coasting in neutral or get louder under load or drag?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm just curious as to how much play you and your mechanic think is too much? I just checked a car and it has slop on both sides of the transmission. If it was bad I'd assume it would have taken out the seal by now since it's been loose since last year?

Has the noise gotten worse all the sudden? I've had more wheel bearings make noise than cvt's in these cars. But it doesn't sound like the dealer techs are very bright so... Does the noise you hear change as the car shifts by chance? What speed does it do it? Does it go away when coasting in neutral or get louder under load or drag?

I had lateral movement of the axle at the transmission on the passenger side... the same side the wheel bearing wore out. The driver's side axle had zero later movement... it is normal for the driveshaft to have play moving in and out but there should be none side to side.
    The noise also comes with vibration especially in the steering wheel... most noticeable at 60km/h and above...more at highway speeds... at lower speeds most noticeable decelerating. It sounds exactly like differential whine when the gears are misaligned/worn... if you've ever experienced that.
    The dealer is going through the 'flow chart' just like someone else posted above in this thread. Also each step probably takes 2 days or more with the opposite time zones like I stated before.

There was also a 'chatter' noise at low speed when using the accelerator. At first I thought it was belt slippage or a worn bearing on the alternator... but I am thinking now it's from the transmission.

I could be wrong... maybe it's just both wheel bearing failed... but I doubt it very much. I have no faith in Mitsubishi and especially Jatco cvt transmissions.

There is a guy on youtube with a cvt... not mitsubishi...nissan(jatco)... he changes the cvt oil with every engine oil change in order to prevent 'cvt whine' ... imagine doing that. Maybe that's what I need to do .... imagine the cost?
    Last edited by obrother; 08-09-2019 at 02:48 AM.

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just to chime in on original topic -- My dealership didn't do it but they'd shuttle me to work (about 2mi), then bring me my car when it was done. Shame they closed down about a month ago, now I have to drive an hour to get to my "new" dealership. I'll see if they do loaners when I decide to get my rear axle done.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    I had lateral movement of the axle at the transmission on the passenger side... the same side the wheel bearing wore out. The driver's side axle had zero later movement... it is normal for the driveshaft to have play moving in and out but there should be none side to side.
    The noise also comes with vibration especially in the steering wheel... most noticeable at 60km/h and above...more at highway speeds... at lower speeds most noticeable decelerating. It sounds exactly like differential whine when the gears are misaligned/worn... if you've ever experienced that.
    The dealer is going through the 'flow chart' just like someone else posted above in this thread. Also each step probably takes 2 days or more with the opposite time zones like I stated before.

There was also a 'chatter' noise at low speed when using the accelerator. At first I thought it was belt slippage or a worn bearing on the alternator... but I am thinking now it's from the transmission.

I could be wrong... maybe it's just both wheel bearing failed... but I doubt it very much. I have no faith in Mitsubishi and especially Jatco cvt transmissions.

There is a guy on youtube with a cvt... not mitsubishi...nissan(jatco)... he changes the cvt oil with every engine oil change in order to prevent 'cvt whine' ... imagine doing that. Maybe that's what I need to do .... imagine the cost?
    Any update on your car?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

So it was a wheel bearing not the cvt??????

I hope this isn't another one of those post's about a problem that you never hear the solution to? Like obdII wifi dongle gps tracker guy with the drive-ability problems
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Yeah for real update please. Or he could just be like **** Mitsubishi and **** this forum lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-29-2019)