Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your dealer/Mitsubishi give you a loaner car for warranty repairs?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Does your dealer/Mitsubishi give you a loaner car for warranty repairs?

I live in ontario canada. It looks like my transmission is toast on my 2014 mirage se cvt. My car is not drivable and will be in service at least a week. This is my second mitsubishi that I have experienced no loaner car with a long repair where the car is not drivable. What has your experience been? I understand with the Diamond care warranty plan they cover rental cars but I only have the regular warranty and I am the original owner.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    I live in ontario canada. It looks like my transmission is toast on my 2014 mirage se cvt. My car is not drivable and will be in service at least a week. This is my second mitsubishi that I have experienced no loaner car with a long repair where the car is not drivable. What has your experience been? I understand with the Diamond care warranty plan they cover rental cars but I only have the regular warranty and I am the original owner.
    Hello obrother - good to see a long-time member around.

When I had my rear axle replaced, I was provided a loaner Outlander for the duration (only a couple of days) though I get the impression that was my dealer's program.

btw great movie.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im scared to ask.....but how many miles before your CVT failed?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I'm starting to think that only the Canadian CVTs are affected, so I'm sure you'll be just fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    I'm starting to think that only the Canadian CVTs are affected, so I'm sure you'll be just fine.
    Say whaaaaaa? What like they put maple syrup in their CVTs before OEM fluid? If he says before 150k miles, Im going to lose my mind. I just put 70 miles on my car today driving for uber, and I only did 6 fares.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Just over 70,000 kms...but I noticed output shaft bearing on the passenger side was loose at 60k km's but the dealer said it was 'within spec' at that time. With you front wheels of the ground grab the drive shaft cv at the transmission and try to move it side to side. It shouldn't move but mine shifted like it was a few millimeters of play. Driver side was still tight. It can explain vibration problems in the front end that most garages will never find as they milk you for unnecessary services.
    Last edited by obrother; 07-27-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    If he says before 150k miles, Im going to lose my mind.
    70,000 km is less than 45,000 miles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    70,000 km is less than 45,000 miles.

Yikes. It may be time to start a CVT owner support group on here. You know, of all the people who go to the beach, only a minute percentage get bit by a shark. Reassuring statistic, but if you're that person, stats don't mean crap. I wonder if we're getting representative reporting of CVT failures on here, or if the owners get so disgusted they just leave the forum and buy a different brand car...? Any way to pull forum activity stats by transmission, der moderator?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Oh man wait til Dirk hears the cvt went at 45k miles.

And to answer your question OP, we were loaned a new outlander for a week while our Mirage was in for warranty work.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-29-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    Just over 70,000 kms...but I noticed output shaft bearing on the passenger side was loose at 60k km's but the dealer said it was 'within spec' at that time. With you front wheels of the ground grab the drive shaft cv at the transmission and try to move it side to side. It shouldn't move but mine shifted like it was a few millimeters of play. Driver side was still tight. It can explain vibration problems in the front end that most garages will never find as they milk you for unnecessary services.
    Im not trying to be rude but I understood none of that. Can someone explain it too me Im not a gearhead. What is all this driver side, vibration, etc business? How much is the work going to cost? Please elaborate.