Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does your dealer/Mitsubishi give you a loaner car for warranty repairs?

Quote Originally Posted by obrother View Post
    When I brought my car in with a tow truck and told the service advisor that the transmission needed to replaced... he told me I needed to get my cvt's oil changed!!! When I go to mymitsubishi.ca and lookup the manufacturer's required service there is nothing listed for the cvt... ever. Even if you bought a brand new car from Mitsubishi for $10,000... you still paid way too much !!!
    Look again, if you're in Canada you pretty much have to follow the severe service schedule. Unless you never drive your car you probably drive in heat or cold, traffic etc... Basically driving your car means it'll fall into the severe schedule. But yeah you're right there is no mention of needing to service the transmission under the regular schedule. Welcome to the wonderful world of dealing with a Mitsubishi warranty claim.
    I drove one down to the dealer a few weeks ago with a screwed transmission, they told me it needed the throttle body cleaned and new spark plugs. At 133k kms. And charged $166. Then refused to sell me cvt filters. I took the car back to the shop, pulled the cvt oil pan and it was full of bearing material. Dealer wanted records for 2 complete transmission fluid changes/flushes. I don't believe they were able to come up with records since the car was serviced at a city hours away and they never bothered to keep records. Now I'm stuck replacing it. Can't fault them for voiding warranty with no proof of maintenance cause we use ours for fleet but charging money to blow smoke up my ass is a total joke.

I'd complain to the manager about not fixing your car properly the first time and wasting your time. Though that doesn't seem to get us anywhere. After buying 50 cars from the same retards.
    For a comparison, I just ordered a driveshaft support, bearing and seals for a 26 year old mazda truck. Dealer had the ordered from both sides of the country and delivered to me within 2 days.
    After arguing with the retard parts department at the mitsu dealer they ordered me a few cvt filters, that was maybe 2-3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything back yet. That says a lot.

If you haven't tried already maybe check out turo to rent a car if your stuck?

Last edited by Fummins; 08-02-2019 at 09:04 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When I brought my car in with a tow truck and told the service advisor that the transmission needed to replaced... he told me I needed to get my cvt's oil changed!!! When I go to mymitsubishi.ca and lookup the manufacturer's required service there is nothing listed for the cvt... ever. Even if you bought a brand new car from Mitsubishi for $10,000... you still paid way too much !!!
    I got my Mirage with a low interest rate loan. Almost paid for now, but ya I paid even more than $10,000 for my Mirage back in 2014. Overall I like the car, but it is too small.

To add salt to the wound the Mirage went on a promo sale price of $9999, only 7 months after spending $12,495 plus taxes, freight, and fine print that the grey paint I wanted was extra. They really try to scam you but at least low interest loan is o.k.

That said my Mirage has been pretty reliable. Luckily and I'm sorry for your own luck there.

I think the 5 speed manual like mine has been more dependable than the CVT.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Look again, if you're in Canada you pretty much have to follow the severe service schedule. Unless you never drive your car you probably drive in heat or cold, traffic etc... Basically driving your car means it'll fall into the severe schedule. But yeah you're right there is no mention of needing to service the transmission under the regular schedule. Welcome to the wonderful world of dealing with a Mitsubishi warranty claim.
    I drove one down to the dealer a few weeks ago with a screwed transmission, they told me it needed the throttle body cleaned and new spark plugs. At 133k kms. And charged $166. Then refused to sell me cvt filters. I took the car back to the shop, pulled the cvt oil pan and it was full of bearing material. Dealer wanted records for 2 complete transmission fluid changes/flushes. I don't believe they were able to come up with records since the car was serviced at a city hours away and they never bothered to keep records. Now I'm stuck replacing it. Can't fault them for voiding warranty with no proof of maintenance cause we use ours for fleet but charging money to blow smoke up my ass is a total joke.

If you haven't tried already maybe check out turo to rent a car if your stuck?
    I am sure Mitsubishi will try to wiggle out of honoring their warranty and make the claim I should have followed the severe schedule but the only thing they can say is salt. But I don't mainly drive on salted roads and that has nothing to do with a transmission. My car has had an easy life so far. But I believe you are right to say they will try !!! Mitsubishi cars and warranties are GARBAGE !!! Mitsubishi policy is no loaner car. Think about that!!! They make a crap car and they will take their sweet time to fix it ...only if they can't find a reason to disqualify your warranty... and then you will be without a car for weeks at your cost !!! Everything has to go through Japan head office step by step and they're in a complete opposite time zone !!!
    Last edited by obrother; 08-02-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    I am sure Mitsubishi will try to wiggle out of honoring their warranty and make the claim I should have followed the severe schedule but the only thing they can say is salt. But I don't mainly drive on salted roads and that has nothing to do with a transmission. My car has had an easy life so far. But I believe you are right to say they will try !!! Mitsubishi cars and warranties are GARBAGE !!! Mitsubishi policy is no loaner car. Think about that!!! They make a crap car and they will take their sweet time to fix it ...only if they can't find a reason to disqualify your warranty... and then you will be without a car for weeks at your cost !!! Everything has to go through Japan head office step by step and they're in a complete opposite time zone !!!
    That's definitely substandard customer service for sure. It's unfortunate that you've had severe issues with your Mirage. Fortunately for the overwhelming majority of owners, most never have any warranty work done. It's also Mitsubishi's fault for not having a unified level of customer care across all of their dealers. Some dealers are great, some are horrific. Sounds like your local one sucks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (08-06-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    That's definitely substandard customer service for sure. It's unfortunate that you've had severe issues with your Mirage. Fortunately for the overwhelming majority of owners, most never have any warranty work done. It's also Mitsubishi's fault for not having a unified level of customer care across all of their dealers. Some dealers are great, some are horrific. Sounds like your local one sucks.
    Well... I'm not sure what statistics you're using when you say a majority of owners... but I'm 3 for 3. I've owned a 2006 nissan x-trail with Jatco transmission failure which I replaced myself after warranty expired and they always said they can't find nothing wrong(output shaft bearing), the 2014 mirage with Jatco transmission failure(output shaft bearing), and a 2012 I-miev with traction battery failure which I waited 4 months to replace... with no loaner vehicle but I gave them no choice but to replace it under warranty.

What about the 2014 Mirage rear axle toe-in problem that they ended up fixing by changing the specs so they weren't covered under warranty? What about the rich fuel mixture fiasco on the 2014 for colder climates that people had to have their engines replaced and some denied warranty if they didn't keep receipts of oil changes? My 2014 was flashed under the recall but how much damage occurred in the months before in winter ...that I drove with the rich idle condition? My engine may fail prematurely as a result.

Anyone here have to rent a car for 4 months while their car was supposed to be fixed under "warranty" ?
    Last edited by obrother; 08-03-2019 at 12:40 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Call Mitsubishi Motors North America for further instructions. Hopefully they can help get you through this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I will give the dealer until after the long weekend to get me an answer. This long weekend is already FUBAR. I've dealt with Mitsubishi Canada customer relations on the I-miev. All they did was tell me basically to stop calling them and only talk to the dealer and what they say goes.... but in nicer words... only by a little bit. They did call the dealer and inquire which pissed my dealer off and they would hang up on me or they would say they had to check something and would call me back but never did. They said they needed a diagnosis first before they would even consider a loaner car ... but diagnosis never came ... I kept asking... but it never came until the day car was repaired.
    Last edited by obrother; 08-03-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Now the 64 dollar question is: is this an outlier or the norm with Mitsubishi?
    Based on Fummin's data, its an outlier. Still though, this guy is living my nightmare. And I have two Mirages to worry about.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well... I'm not sure what statistics you're using when you say a majority of owners... but I'm 3 for 3. I've owned a 2006 nissan x-trail with Jatco transmission failure which I replaced myself after warranty expired and they always said they can't find nothing wrong(output shaft bearing), the 2014 mirage with Jatco transmission failure(output shaft bearing), and a 2012 I-miev with traction battery failure which I waited 4 months to replace... with no loaner vehicle but I gave them no choice but to replace it under warranty.

What about the 2014 Mirage rear axle toe-in problem that they ended up fixing by changing the specs so they weren't covered under warranty? What about the rich fuel mixture fiasco on the 2014 for colder climates that people had to have their engines replaced and some denied warranty if they didn't keep receipts of oil changes? My 2014 was flashed under the recall but how much damage occurred in the months before in winter ...that I drove with the rich idle condition? My engine may fail prematurely as a result.

Anyone here have to rent a car for 4 months while their car was supposed to be fixed under "warranty" ?
    How many miles on your Xtrail CVT before it failed?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I think this is the first post about premature CVT failure, under 50k miles, on this forum? If thats true, thats pretty good considering the large number of members on here that post and have CVTs. Im glad you still have warranty left though. Have you thought about finding a used low mile one and having an independent shop install it? Might be cheaper than 4 months of car rentals and Mitsubishi wouldn't find out about it, saving your warranty.