Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi new used owner here

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Hi new used owner here

Hello just bought a used 2015 DE with 37000 miles. I'm doing the hubcap delete, with beauty rings, chrome lug nuts, and center caps. Also am in the process of the Daox cruise control addition. Which is why I registered. How long does that usually take to receive? Well thanks! Name:  IMG_20190725_182152_01.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  96.9 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlay View Post
    Hello just bought a used 2015 DE with 37000 miles. I'm doing the hubcap delete, with beauty rings, chrome lug nuts, and center caps. Also am in the process of the Daox cruise control addition. Which is why I registered. How long does that usually take to receive? Well thanks!
    Hello Findlay and welcome to the forum - neighbor! Looks like you are on your way with modifications, making that Mirage your own. Looking forward to seeing what all you do with it.

Hopefully Daox will be around to answer your question.

Have you had your alignment checked?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site. Nice looking Mirage you got there.

Your package went out yesterday. I don't remember if it said 2 or 3 day delivery. You should have it before the end of the week.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Eggman, I've read on here that certain car came home without proper alignment. This being a used car, it came with many service records from the Toledo Ohio Mitsubishi dealer. Should I still check the alignment? And Daox, thank you for the update.

Be prepared! You will soon be lectured on alignments.
    Some had rear axles that were out of whack. Some people were able to get replacement trailing axles replaced under warranty.

Out of close to 50 Mirages we have at my work, we've had 2-3 checked out at independent shops and they were fine. I keep tires rotated every other oil change and don't see any abnormal wear. Unless I noticed tires wearing uneven or weird handling I wouldn't bother getting it checked unless I had time and money to kill. But if the axle is bent it'd be nice to try to get it replaced under warranty. Some dealers are easy to deal with and others suck. A lot.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Or my situation, where your axle is only slightly out of spec, not good but not terrible either as far as tire wear. Mitsubishi wouldnt replace it, because of that.

Stupid mitsubishi.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (08-06-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Should I still check the alignment?
    @ 37,000 miles does it look like your Mirage has factory original 165/65r14 Dunlop Enasave tires, or do they look like they have been replaced prior to your purchase?

On average, it appears some members get about 40,000 miles out of their factory tires (some more & some less). If you have factory tires that look decent with 37,000 miles on them, that would be a good sign that things may be ok.

Keep in mind - the 5-year/60,000 miles bumper-to-bumper warranty should transfer to a second owner. In your case, the 5 years may end before the mileage depending on when the car was first purchased and how many miles you plan to drive. Since the 10-year/100,000 powertrain warranty doesn't transfer to second owners, I would take advantage of any possible concerns sooner rather than later.

A rear axle issue would be part of the bumper-to-bumper warranty. If your tires have been replaced, it may be hard to see an issue without having it checked. Personally, I would have an independent shop check my alignment first. If a rear axle issue appears, I would take it to the dealer next. I wouldn't let on I knew an issue existed either. I would see what they say first & go from there.

This may be a non-issue for you?
    If you have original tires & they look good, I wouldn't sweat it to much.
    Just one opinion on this matter. Not saying it's the best one!
    Last edited by Mark; 07-31-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If you have factory tires that look decent with 37,000 miles on them, that would be a good sign that things may be ok.
    I agree with that advice.

Does your car have 4 Dunlop Enasaves that are all fairly evenly worn? If they are Dunlop Enasaves with lots of tread, check their manufacturing date. If the tires are newer than the car, that doesn't mean you have a problem but you may want to consider an alignment check just to be sure.

A decent number of these cars were plagued with rear alignment problems. And many front ends weren't aligned very well at the factory. So if your car has new tires at 37,000 miles, I would personally spend a few bucks to get the alignment checked. Some shops will even do it for free.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Should I still check the alignment?
    NTB offered free alignment checks - not sure if they still do. I see there's one in Marion, look them up if you're in that area.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)