Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi new used owner here

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've been meaning to go to the dealer soon. It has Bridgestone tires on it. I noticed the rear wheels kinda tip in at the top. Is that a sign of a bent axle? It's not real noticable, but my Cadillac doesn't do that.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Findlay View Post
    It has Bridgestone tires on it.
    So the original tires have definitely been replaced. Again, that's not necessarily a bad thing because most people only get around 40K miles out of them anyway. But I would get the alignment checked. Even if you have to pay a few dollars for it, it will be money well-spent if it keeps your tires from wearing out prematurely.

I noticed the rear wheels kinda tip in at the top. Is that a sign of a bent axle?
    You can't really tell you have an alignment issue by looking at the wheels (unless it's really bad). An alignment check doesn't need to be done at the dealer. Any competent shop can do it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Greetings. What a pretty little car. Looks like a very nice find, congratulations!

Belated welcome to the forum, Findlay!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)