Thread: Salesman led to confusion (considering getting a Mirage)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slayer7.62 View Post
    Thank you all for the responses. I checked the Mitsubishi website and it was wine red metallic, where they had it parked made it look more purple than red to me in person, but was a 2019 model.
    If you can get the VIN of the Mirage you are looking at, we can find the Monroney window sticker and see exactly how it is configured. Or, post a link to your dealer's page for that Mirage.

I’ve seen a lot about White Bear posted on here, but unfortunately it’s an 18 hour drive from here. Short of taking a train (in itself a day and a half,) it’s not too likely for me to get out there.
    If you really want to get a Mirage, you can save a lot on the purchase, justifying the cost of getting there.

The mirage seems like it’s a pretty frugal choice, and honestly is better equipped by far than my ‘04 Sentra was. However, I don’t think it’s worth it if I couldn’t find one under 12k (granted nothing short of hybrids seems to come very close on mileage as far as new cars.)

Though with that being said it would still probably be worthwhile in the long run as a secondary commuter car with that long warranty.
    Be certain that this little car will suit your needs before going further. Let me ask you a question - what was the smallest car you drove? Some folks cannot abide by such a modestly powered car, but that a big reason why the Mirage gets such good fuel economy, and that is the whole point of this car.

Ironically I’ve used this username for a very long time, before ever really listening to Slayer, I’m not too creative and just used it again on here lol. But the more I listen to them the more I’m liking.
    While I like their music, I disagree with their lyrics. That's Slayer.

By the way, what’s your verdict on the sound system in the long term? Worth it or better off spending on a regular aftermarket kit. I’m no audiophile, but hate tinny sounding speakers with no bass. I haven’t seen many people post about having it on here, though $500-600 is a lot for an option on a low cost car.
    When you compare the cost of buying an amp & subwoofer, the Mirage RF kit is a bit pricey, but not much. When you consider it has plug & play wiring and mounting hardware, and is custom tuned for the Mirage, I think it's a fair deal.

But I'll suggest that the audio system should not be the main reason for buying a Mirage in the first place.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-01-2019)