I’m sure the wine red would grow on me, just wouldn’t be my top choice.

Fummins, that’s interesting to hear the number of failures, then again in a fleet setting they’re probably seeing harder/more use than a lot of the commuter cars. I’m assuming you guys don’t have any manuals? I haven’t really seen many complains about the manuals short of people hoping for a 6th year or different ratio for 1st.

Mark, you make a good point. It really is amazing what you get for the amount that people pay for them, maybe not barebones but they still seem a little more simplistic (and thus more reliable) then a lot of the modern cars.

Basic, I didn’t have the car running at the time so that’s probably it. Was used to my Sentra that would shift into any gear without and issue with the engine off (but granted that car was 6 years old when I got it and had 120k miles.)

Foama, I would spring for a used manual if I found one, but alongside what Top_Fuel said, there aren’t many up here, used or new. Separate from performance vehicles, it seems most dealers here stock extremely minimal amounts of manuals, and that’s reflected in used cars too now.

All things being said I’m probably narrowing my search on myself by just looking at the hatchbacks. That’s chiefly been due to the sedan seats (from what I’ve read) not folding. Though I’d imagine a small utility trailer or roof rack w/ case would solve that issue.