Thread: 1.2l oil dip stick, how much fluid to fill from lower mark

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

1.2l oil dip stick, how much fluid to fill from lower mark

I've changed my oil twice now, and even though I have added exactly the 3 liters (manual says 2.8l pan 0.2l filter)in as suggested by the manual my dipstick reads 1/4 of the way up (3/4 low) between the lower and full mark..
    I assume it's not like an old Chevy with 1 qt between the marks, but have not found out anything official..
    Anyone know how much fluid is missing when you are asset the lowest mark on the oil check stick?

(Don't worry I always park level and dribble in until it's at the top of the mark, but it would be nice to know what to expect)( I read some place it's 300ml low to full marks but I forget where)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nutpantz View Post
    I've changed my oil twice now, and even though I have added exactly the 3 liters (manual says 2.8l pan 0.2l filter)in as suggested by the manual my dipstick reads 1/4 of the way up (3/4 low) between the lower and full mark..
    I assume it's not like an old Chevy with 1 qt between the marks, but have not found out anything official..
    Anyone know how much fluid is missing when you are asset the lowest mark on the oil check stick?

(Don't worry I always park level and dribble in until it's at the top of the mark, but it would be nice to know what to expect)( I read some place it's 300ml low to full marks but I forget where)
    I've found that I need right around 3.2 liters to show full after oil and filter change.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

I just fill from one of those bulk oil juice jug looking things. I fill it to about 3.2-3.4L. When stick shows at the low mark it'll take about 1/2 L or a c hair or two less. Some oil bottles are now 946ml-ish so keep that in mind. Don't over think it, a few hundred ml one way or the other won't blow up your car.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-03-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The manual says anywhere between the dots is fine. I usually fill it til its anywhere from 2/3rds up the middle to all the way up.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    There is roughly 0.5L (about one pint in medieval) Between the two holes on the engine oil dipstick. Should you be using the better oil filter from the Mitsubishi ASX, keep in mind it is a bit larger.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-01-2022)