Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Time Mitsubishi Enthusiast! Intake DIY Inside Too :)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phaux View Post
    That looks a lot like how I ran my setup, though I kept it 2" all the way and bought a smaller filter (I went all scientific and measured the surface area of the stock filter and got a cone one with the same or more area). My butt dyno says it helps out a lot, but it's neat that someone has actual numbers to back it up. The only thing I'd suggest is to get that filter farther forward to the grill (my filter is smaller so I'm able to tuck it almost completely under the core support), and improvise a heat shield so it doesn't draw the hot air from behind it. I've found that when the IAT is 140-150+, the engine actually becomes sluggish from detuning.

I'm attempting to learn 3D modeling as a hobby and my first project is going to be a fully 3D printed intake, from filter to throttle body, that makes use of the stock filter shape.
    Any chance you could post pics of your setup?

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Any chance you could post pics of your setup?
    I thought about that yesterday after I mentioned it. When I get home today I'll edit this post with a few pics.

Edit: Forgive the potato quality, this is taken from a while ago and my setup has evolved a little. The filter is tucked under the core support off the bottom of the picture, about 3-4" from the front grill. I also opted to remove the stock pipework on the right side. The current setup has a few less couplers in it, and looks similar to powershiftmatt's setup (but with a smaller filter that fits down low next to the alternator).

Name:  vlcsnap-2019-08-14-08h09m05s920.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  80.7 KB
    Last edited by phaux; 08-14-2019 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Added Picture

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to phaux For This Useful Post:

Basic (08-13-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Looking forward to some updates.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)