Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New from Pittsburgh

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New from Pittsburgh

Hello all

New from Pittsburgh, PA i am planning on buying a 2019 Mirage as my company is taking away our company cars and replacing the program with FAVR Fixed an Variable rate basically I will get a monthly amount and variable milage. So in looking for a inexpensive car to buy I came across the Mirage. I plan on running the stock tires and wheels in the winter and putting 15' wheels on for the summer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DBaum View Post
    Hello all

New from Pittsburgh, PA i am planning on buying a 2019 Mirage as my company is taking away our company cars and replacing the program with FAVR Fixed an Variable rate basically I will get a monthly amount and variable milage. So in looking for a inexpensive car to buy I came across the Mirage. I plan on running the stock tires and wheels in the winter and putting 15' wheels on for the summer.
    Hello DBaum and welcome to the forum.

I think a Mirage will serve you well and help pay for itself like no other car can today. It'll do even better as you minimize your expenditures. For example, try one year on the stock tires before spending cash on it. You'll get a good idea how the finances work out.

So you are using this for work? Make sure you have good insurance that covers you for this purpose. It is my understanding that ordinary coverage won't work if you're on the clock, and it could get real expensive.

Welcome.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-04-2019 at 04:44 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Hello all

Welcome to the forum! The Mirage is a polarizing car. Either you "get it" or you don't pretty much are my thoughts. It's designed to be thrifty and if you're looking for performance or handling or luxurious interior this isn't the car for you and you won't be happy. However, if you want a car that will transport you efficiently and inexpensively as possible and is reliable then the Mirage checks all those boxes. I own a CVT model and although the CVT has been trouble free for me it does make for a pretty lackluster driving experience overall. If you can drive a manual transmission I'd recommend the 5 speed over the CVT any day. Generally 5 speed owners report much higher mpg's and it really makes the Mirage a bunch more fun to drive.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (11-04-2019)

Business Up Front Johnny Mullet's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I uber in mine, a CVT as well and I couldnt imagine driving stick in the kind of traffic I have to deal with lol. Even the 5speed purists on here though will tell you, if they had to trust a CVT powered vehicle, it'd be the Mirage. 5speed = more fun & CVT = less headache in bumper to bumper traffic. I will say the CVT is fun in its own way revving up the rpms to 3500 for highway merging just to kick it down to 2000 rpm whilst doing 70 mph is pretty cool.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello DBaum and welcome to the forum.

I think a Mirage will serve you well and help pay for itself like no other car can today. It'll do even better as you minimize your expenditures. For example, try one year on the stock tires before spending cash on it. You'll get a good idea how the finances work out.

So you are using this for work? Make sure you have good insurance that covers you for this purpose. It is my understanding that ordinary coverage won't work if you're on the clock, and it could get real expensive.

Welcome.
    The company gave us a guideline on insurance and my carried insurance exceeds their requirement. hoping to drive less now. *******s are screwing us out of a company car for free.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I uber in mine, a CVT as well and I couldnt imagine driving stick in the kind of traffic I have to deal with lol. Even the 5speed purists on here though will tell you, if they had to trust a CVT powered vehicle, it'd be the Mirage. 5speed = more fun & CVT = less headache in bumper to bumper traffic. I will say the CVT is fun in its own way revving up the rpms to 3500 for highway merging just to kick it down to 2000 rpm whilst doing 70 mph is pretty cool.
    I prefer a stick especially since a lot of my driving is on backroads but the wife cant drive one and i dont have the patience to teach her.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I prefer a stick especially since a lot of my driving is on backroads but the wife cant drive one and i dont have the patience to teach her.
    Or---One way to insure you're the only one that drives it!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    Or---One way to insure you're the only one that drives it!!
    Lol are you married..its more convienience since if i need the trailer for motorcycle stuff for the day she will have a vehicle to drive.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Lol are you married..its more convienience since if i need the trailer for motorcycle stuff for the day she will have a vehicle to drive.
    I am lol, but my wife is a non driver due to disability.